Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Calving time poetry

It was great to be a part of the Natural Health Expo in Rolla on Sunday AND super great to work with Elizabeth in her office yesterday morning BUT it's BEST of all to be home again SAFELY!!!

Andrew mentioned, as he went out to milk Sally because she had her calf yesterday morning, Andrew just mentioned that I should check out something that he put on Facebook during the night.  When I did, I found this precious poem from our 2:00 cow/calf checker.

The 2:00 AM bed check found all as it should,
The mama cows sleeping as well as they could,
As the coyotes howled gently at the stars overhead,
I wrote down this poem, then went right back to bed!

 
Well, right below that, I found this little ditty by Andrew's sister who is our 4:00 cow/calf checker.
 
Cora Bornemann 4:30 cow-check and all is well, But is it Springtime? It's hard to tell! I went out in the 4-wheel drive truck----- So I could climb snow-mountains without gettting stuck!
 
 
Dawn Bornemann A proud mama hen read her chick's fine creations. As ripples and waves of all her elations; Swept through her and brought a quick tear to her eyes; She quickly sent gratitude up to the skies!
 
PLEASE pray for all ranchers who are calving right now.  If you TRULY enjoy your beef, I trust that you TRULY appreciate those who raise it AND all of their efforts at all hours of the day and night to keep the newly born stock alive!  So far, we're one ahead--PRAISE THE LORD!!
 
I'd best get back to work!
 
Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...