Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Off the oxygen!!!!


 
Please pray for my daughter, Cora, and her daughter, Christina.  Both need lots of prayers!  Cora is staying at the hospital now to nurse Christina as often as possible. 
 
Michael and Elsie brought me home last night so it's good to be home.  The puppies are growing.  The plant is picking up speed in spite of the terrible cold.  Andrew is leaving for Michigan with his family and Jacob is sick.  Is it possible that I have post-partum depression?  Well, it's some kind of depression.
 
Christina is a 1 week and 1 day old.  I found this poem to express how I felt last week when I saw her for the first time.  She couldn't handle her daddy and her grandma standing on either side of her incubator.  Her breathing grew even more shallow and sporadic.  Well, this poem hopefully will express what I felt then.
 
Thanks a million to all who have prayed for my little granddaughter to live!  She's off of oxygen now and is starting to nurse--both major improvements!  We sure hope that she'll be able to come home soon!
 
Dawn 
 

As I Love You Through The Glass

By Elena Murphy



As I love you through the glass
a tiny hand sweeps across the blanket
reaching out to me.
You lie there in the stillness
of your slumber clinging to life;
I reach inside to touch you
and you stir slightly;
I feel a tiny breath like a feather
caress my fingers
as I love you through the glass.
One eye opens
easily staring into mine;
Can you see me?
Can you feel my presence
as I love you through the glass.
I ache to hold you;
I await the moment
when you peacefully rest in my loving arms.
A silent tear rolls down my face;
I slowly turn to walk away
only to glance back one more time
as I love you through the glass.
 
 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...