Monday, December 2, 2013

SOOOOOOOOOO disappointed

I went to Eureka yesterday for my dad's birthday and was soooooooooooo disappointed.  When I was there with Elizabeth last month, dad was much more open and loving, so that I was not prepared for his cold heart yesterday. 

I know that he knew what he was doing as I kept asking him if he knew who I was and he nodded or said, "Dawn".  I know that he hates me because I represent his failures to protect me.  I know that he, nor anyone else, is worth the pain that it causes me to hate back.  What option does that leave me?

On the way home, I decided that I'd never see him again and I'm pretty determined to keep that promise to myself.  HOWEVER, this morning Cora showed me this video of a song written during the time of great sorrow for the author.

Needless to say, I cried through it all and ended up hugging my wonderful daughter who knew how badly I was hurting last night.  You know how I know this?

Cora asked me, when I walked in the house last night, "So how was your day?"

I said, "Rotten," and went on to explain the details of my father's rejection even though I sang and played the clavinova in a hymn sing just for him which he used to love.

Anyway, last night Cora said as I headed for bed, "I know that it was a rough day when you head for bed at 7:30!" 

This morning she shared this song with me and I felt God's love rushing in once again!!!  I hope that it will bless someone out there who is hurting like me.  I certainly hope that it blesses YOU!

Clinging to Jesus,

Dawn
 

No comments:

Are you sad today too?

  The Glorious Sadness Of Mother’s Day Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2024 | by David P. Deavel | 2 Comments | Print AMAC EXCLUSIVE Holidays have...