Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Jogging in a jug

Guess what I did today?  NO, you will never guess.  Well, maybe if you read the title of this post but does it mean anything to you?


Anyway, Cora and I have been digging in our natural health books for tips on dealing with MS and she found a tip in my book, MIRACLE FOOD CURES FROM THE BIBLE.  I haven't thought of that book in years but it had some very encouraging things to say about consuming apple cider vinegar (the side effect of which is weight loss) to help bring down the inflammation that MS causes.


This got me thinking about a product I bought years ago whose primary ingredient was apple cider vinegar.  It was called, "Jogging in a Jug."  SOOOOOOOOO I went online to see if they still make it when what to my wondering eyes did appear but about 10 recipes with which to make it myself.  YIPEEEEEEEEE!


Well, after an hour or so studying them all, I settled on this one because it uses more apple juice than any of the others of which I have a great abundance.  Also, it was the one that called for the least amount of grape juice of which I have hardly any. 


I made up a double batch and got started right away.  You would have to know me, and the amount of pain that I have, to grasp why I took a double dose right off the bat.  YUP and now my belly isn't none too happy so I DON'T recommend that. 


However, it does feel like my knees are hurting a little bit less.  In other words, on a pain scale from 1 to 10, the pain in my legs fell from 1,200,000 to about 1,000,900.  Now that's not nothing to snort at, as Robert would say, so I decided to share the recipe with you.  Just remember to stick with the recommended dosage and I'm sure you'll do fine.  ;)


Also, the recipe doesn't mention it, but I keep this refrigerated because I used my home made juices without preservatives.  Perhaps the vinegar would prevent them from spoiling but I'm not taking any chances. 


Glug, glug, glug your way to health right along with me!!!  LOL


Dawn


JOGGING IN A JUG 

64 oz. apple juice less 1 1/2 c. juice
3/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1/2 c. grape juice
Mix. Drink 1/4 cup daily.

No comments:

Are you sad today too?

  The Glorious Sadness Of Mother’s Day Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2024 | by David P. Deavel | 2 Comments | Print AMAC EXCLUSIVE Holidays have...