Friday, September 25, 2026

Are you Suffering too?

 If there ever was a cry of my heart, it is to be able to comfort those who are hurting.  Because of my constant hurting in my incestuous childhood, I try so hard to reduce suffering for others.  Sometimes I wonder if I try too hard.

  Sometimes people push me away when I have every intention to bless them.  Talk about pain.  Sometimes I think that people as wounded as I am are the last people to help someone else.  In times of rejection, I am the one who retreats from humans entirely.  I don't write on my blog.  I don't return texts.  I don't send out cards.  I end up suffering in silence like this article discusses.

  Why does caring have to be so painful?  Then, when the pain in my legs flares up like fire, I decide I don't care about a single person anyway.  I walk away from the human race and go visit the neighbor's dog.

  I can't have a dog of my own anymore.  The MS has seen to that. I didn't even have a garden this year for the first time in my life.  With the arrival of 2 new granddaughters and a new daughter-in-law joining our family next month, my nerves couldn't take one more thing.  

  Sometimes I think, if I can't even get my work done, what sense does it make to want to help others?  At other times I think, if someone is hurting more than I am, who am I to keep silent when a few words could make the difference for them to want to keep living.

  So YES I'm suffering but you know what changes everything for me?  When I look at ALL of the ways the Lord has sustained my life, I truly become thankful.  It seems to me that without gratitude, there is no true joy.  So my advice is to find a song that lifts your spirits.  You can make it the theme of your life.  Here's mine.

Let's remember to pray for those who are grieving and those who are sick.  I'm especially asking prayers for my family and I as we approach the wedding of our son on our 46th anniversary.  Even happy events can be stressful for those of us suffering with MS or any other nervous condition.  

To everyone suffering today, you will do well to look to Heaven and say "Father, I am so thankful for how you have carried me through everything so far.  I KNOW you will carry me through this too!"  Amen?

My love to all of the saints scattered around the globe,

God is with you all--especially the suffering ones,

Dawn

Encounter God in Prayer…

Suffering in Silence

Lord, show me how to love those who are hurting and suffering in silence. Teach me to be patient with those who pull away and retreat. Show me how I can help them.


So many times you have come to my rescue. You have lifted me out of the pit of despair and caused me to laugh again. Now I’m asking for you to do the same for those around me who feel as if they are falling apart. Reach out in ways only you know how and ignite their hearts with hope. Heal the wounds and disappointments that cause them pain. Restore them and redeem their past. Shine the light of your glory into their darkest hour.


When I’m with them, fill me with wisdom and compassion, and teach me how to love. Give me ideas and creative ways to be a blessing to them. Show me how to make them feel valued and understood. Help me to empower them, so they find the courage to let go of the pain. Let my joy be contagious. Set them free!

Psalm 6:2 TPT

Please deal gently with me, YAHWEH; show me mercy, for I’m sick and frail and weak. Heal me, YAHWEH, for I’m falling apart.

No comments:

Are you Suffering too?

 If there ever was a cry of my heart, it is to be able to comfort those who are hurting.  Because of my constant hurting in my incestuous ch...