Saturday, October 9, 2010

San Bruno

I have been trying to post all week but the computer has been blocking me. Now, as usual, I don't have much time to post but I just HAVE to post that we now know where we're going on our second honeymoon.

This afternoon, as I was playing the prelude for our home church, I saw Cora coming into the living room with a BIG grin on her face. She had told me that she had been printing off our itinerary as she went along with her plans for our trip. She told me that she had been collecting them all into a thick binder. So, when I saw Cora coming into the room with a large binder stuffed FULL of pages, I knew that the moment had come to learn where Robert and I are going on our trip to celebrate 30 years of marriage.

For those of you who haven't been following Cora's blog, I'll just say that a month ago the children told us that they want to send us away on a trip to some unknown destination. Well, it is no longer an unknown destination!

Robert and I will be flying to Minneapolis in the morning and then flying to
SAN FRANCISCO!!!!!!!!!!! We're staying in San Bruno for a week and we know that within the huge binder there are all of the details that we'll need to take in all of the sights and sounds that our children knew that we would love seeing.

Robert has always wanted to see the ocean and we shall. The children showed us the first day's plans this afternoon. If you can believe this, on Monday Robert and I will be going on a fine, sturdy vessel out into the ocean to see WHALES!!!!!

Please pray with us that the weather will cooperate as Cora received an email this afternoon stating that they may have to postpone that day's trip because there is a storm due there on Monday. They said that, if they have to postpone the trip, then we can go later in the week on their annual, "Shark-tober" event. This is a more expensive trip but we can get in at the same price we would have paid for the whale version. However, that will mess up the rest of the week's activities that the children have been planning to treat us to, so we are praying that the storm just stays away.

The neat thing about the children's plans, is that they wouldn't tell us any more about what they've lined up for us to enjoy. This means that, when we're on the flight, we can pour through the big manual of papers instead of thinking about things that lead to air sickness. Someone teased us that, should we pass without that, there's always the chance of seasickness as we'll be on the ocean from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. You can just rest assured that I'm taking my lemon essential oil water with me and will constantly be drinking it as we go along.

Best close for now as we're getting up at 3:30 AM and I'm tired. PLEASE PRAY FOR SAFE FLIGHTS FOR US TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!! Keep looking here for pictures of our adventures to the West Coast. I promised the children that I'd post lots of pictures EVERY night!!!

The really awesome thing that Andrew has done for us is that he's set up the video call feature on his computer here at home. He's sending his laptop along, with it also installed, and last night he showed me how to get set up for family conferences every night. You know, there are times that I actually LIKE technology.

Excited but nervous to fly again,

Dawn

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

How fun! Prayers for you and Robert today as you travel. My two guesses of where you were going were to (1) Alaska, as you said you would need warm clothes, (2) Maine. So glad you will get to see the ocean. From what I can remember about San Francisco, I was there as a young girl, is that it is beautiful there. Enjoy!

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...