Saturday, December 11, 2010

Third most incredible day ever!!!

What a way to start a blog post of such significance. Cora said, "You're not REALLY going to post that picture, are you Mom?"

"Of course not," I laughed. However, on second thought, I wondered if it wouldn't be a good mystery picture. I decided to let you wonder about this a little bit but will tell you all about it by and by. Any guesses what these are for?

Here is a clue for you.

Now I think it is time to get on with the story. I am not stretching the truth here folks--yesterday was the third most incredible day of my life! First was when I became a Christian on June 24, 1969; second was when I became Mrs. Robert Bornemann on October 10, 1980; and the third was yesterday when I became set free from the old pattern of self-hatred which has kept me from being totally happy all of my life.

I have already shared in my previous post about how my day started, so I won't dwell on that subject. However, I'd like to share how the Lord totally went on to bless my day in ways that will make the day unforgettable for my entire family.
Shortly after I had posted, we received a phone call from our friend Randy, at North Country Trucks, stating that after 4 weeks of waiting our truck was finally repaired. YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, when Robert first asked if I'd like to take him up to get the truck, I had declined. "I have too much to do here," I said.
However, while he continued his search for a driver, it began to register in my mind that I could do a little shopping for office things for my new office if I were to be the one to volunteer to take him up to Bismarck which, for us, is a one hour drive on good roads. After getting Jacob to agree to go with me, I told Robert that I had changed my mind and we got ready to go.
The trip itself was pleasant as the roads were much better than the last time I was on them and I busied myself doing a session for Cora who is still fighting a cold. When we reached Bismarck, I dropped Robert off at North Country and Jacob and I began our day of adventures.
We went in search of a nice chair for my waiting room; a hall tree for my client's coats; frames for all of my certificates which I STILL have not hung up in my office; and anything else that we could find which would make my office complete. I have more than twice the room that I had before so I need to fill it with just the right things to make it as lovely and "Health conscious" as my other one had been.
We made our way to Kathyrn's thrift shop which has come VERY highly recommended to me from numerous sources. Jacob and I had a ball there and we came out of it, over an hour later,with a very large, elegant brass hall tree; a brand new dress which cost me $1.25; and some new videos and dvds for school and family viewing.
The ARC brought me a "New" badly needed pair of black shoes, but nothing else for the office. When we came out of the ARC, I noticed that snow was starting to fall lightly so I decided to head for Sam's Club and then head for home. Robert had cautioned me not to hang around up there if the snow started, as a storm was predicted for late afternoon.
At Sams we took 2 carts. One was for the household stuff and the other for my business stuff. I knew that I needed a new binder for my (as Elizabeth calls hers) "Big book of everything." All of my resource information has been in one large binder which gets used a LOT. Being it's starting to loose it's cover, I decided it was time to fork over for a new one.
I put the pack of 2 (I'll use the other one for my Reiki information) new BLACK binders (which Jacob insists is more professional than white), into my buisness cart along with 3 new BLACK chairs for my office. Along with that went one pink something which shall remian nameless until further down in this post.
After writing out 2 checks, we headed over to the Member's Service counter to pick up the certain something which went along with the cardboard. All of you who have bought one of these at Sam's must certainly know what it is by now, but please don't tell anybody. ;)
Well, we headed for my office where we hung my new FIVE ELEMNTS poster; put the new/used hall tree in just the perfect spot; and took the plastic and singage off of the new chairs. After a little debate we settled on spots for the chairs and headed for home.
It was a journey I'll always cherish in my memory as Jacob talked ALL THE WAY HOME! I have a hard time getting him to talk usually but, you see, he was pumped up about my mystery purchase. I am so ignorant about technology that it will probably take a dozen such trips before I can get the hang of using my new addition to my business. It was so wonderful, though, to have this common link with my son and the hour passed quickly with only a few snowflakes falling as we pulled into our driveway.
Well, I came into the house excitedly as I knew that Andrew was especially eager to see my new purchase. I walked around the kitchen a few times and it seemed as though Robert, Cora, and Andrew were a bit nervous. We all talked gaily, for the approaching Sabbath always produces this affect on us. In addition, my heart was so light and happy from the night before when I began to understand how to help myself become truly happy AND healthy.
I showed them my new/used shoes which they all agreed were just "Perfect." I showed them my new mystery purchase which we all agreed would have to wait until the supper was ready and the kettles all washed and put away. I kept walking around excitedly and Andrew especially is in my memory as one who has swallowed the cat.
I can't recall now what it was that took me into the laundry room but when I did, my heart lept into my throat. Andrew burst into laughter and, as I looked around the small group which is my family, I saw them all smiling at my shock. There, leaning up against the back refrigerator, were two HUGE boxes which I knew could only be my tanning units that I had ordered from Dr. Mercola.
Suddenly I just broke into laugher of immesarable proportions and ran to sit down at the table. I was trembling with excitement and my feet stomped happily on the floor. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME," I asked?
Robert laughing said, "Because we wanted you to find them for yourself." This is the box of the one that we didn't open but will transport up to my Bismarck office in it's packing.
After we lugged the humungous box into the dining room and took the straps off, they let me open the box.
It arrived in perfect condition with awesome packaging.

I'm so glad that my guys aren't afraid of assembling things.

"Please put the coasters on now, Andrew and Jacob."

After some pondering on the perfect location, we put it in this little nook right outside our bedroom. In case you're like me and have never seen the special glasses that one needs to wear to protect your eyes when using a tanning system like this, that is what I was wearing in the picture up above. Cora was laughing uncontrolably as we each put them on and she took our pictures. Of course, when it was her turn to try them on, she held on tight to her camera and I was too excited to go for mine.
Just in case any of you are wondering, YES, I did use it this morning for the very first time and yes, I did wear those silly looking glasses. I am so excited to have the Sun Splash in my life now!!! For anyone who wants more information about this health product, please look at my former post on the subject.
And now, for the rest of the story. Yes, there is actually more to make yesterday so phenominal for me. You see, Andrew has been doing a great sales pitch and Jacob has been pitching in for awhile now too.
You see, they watch me doing my distance sessions then typing them out in an email to send to the clients thereby doing them over again. You see, last week one night Andrew said to me, "Tonight, Mom, you WILL record your session on my IPOD and I'll show you how to send it to your client tomorrow." You see, I absolutely LOVED not having to type the session all over again the next day!
So, yesterday afternoon while Jacob and I were in Sam's Club, he said to me, "Well, Mom, are you ready to buy your very own IPOD?"
GULP!
To make a long story short, I called Andrew and asked his opinion. "For recording my session reports, and everything else that you know that I need for my business, do you think that I need a laptop or an IPOD?"
After a lenghty discussion, Andrew and Jacob both convinced me that buying a Gen 4 34 GB IPOD TOUCH was just the thing for me.
SO I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What in the world does that all mean? I have no idea right now, but I do know that I was getting pretty excited with all that Jacob told me about it on our way home together. You see, I have always been pretty suspicious about technology pulling our family apart or worse--pulling me away from God. Now, though, I have come to see that God can use this new tool to give me more time to be with my family or helping more people through sessions, or even reading my Bible on it when I do have a few moments alone with my King.
I amazed to think that this little technological wonder, which can do so many things to simply my life and my business, is so small that it can even fit in my purse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jacob was so cute when, after I had slipped it into my purse, he said, "You keep your eyes on that, Mom! Lots of people would love to come along and help themselves to THAT!" And so I entered the world of IPOD owners.
So then last night, after the lasagna was in the oven and the Sun Splash was in it's new home on our wall; I called the boys to watch me open the small package that will change my life in so many ways that I can't even imagine yet. I do know, though, that I do not have to purchase a date book for 2011, as I was planning to do, because I can record all of my session times in my IPOD. Can you tell that my son's have been trying to help me to come to grips with the near $300 price tag?
"Will you hurry up and open that thing, Mom?"

Here I am holding my very own IPOD. Actually, as I write this, it is now playing the Raleigh Ringers handbell choir's CAROL OF THE WISE MEN which Andrew put on it for me. Indeed, he just told me that he put his entire musical collection on it for me in "Around 10 minutes." Thank you, Andrw and Jacob, for pushing me over the edge into this new world--I THINK!

Well, it is the Sabbath and everyone is playing Foosball downstairs. I'm tired and in need of my usual Sabbath afternoon rest, but I just wanted to finish this post. I just HAD to share with you this thought which entered my mind as I drifted off to sleep last night.
As I bade my loving Heavenly Father goodnight, I felt Him again very close to me. Then I sensed Him asking me this question, "Dear Dawn, do you really think that you'd have bought the iPod if you hadn't had the experience last night of understanding your self-destructive ways?"
"What do you mean, Lord?" I asked in the darkness.
I almost heard Him chuckle as He said, "Well, you know, if you STILL believed that you were stupid, would you have ever thought that you could master an iPod?"
Tears flowed then--tears of joy--as I saw how God Himself has step by step brought me out of the land of darkness, fears, doubts, and self-hatred that I was born into.
As I drifted off then, I heard myself and perhaps another voice comforting me with my most recited Bible verse found in 2 Timothy 1:4: FOR GOD HATH NOT GIVEN ME THE SPIRIT OF FEAR--BUT OF POWER, AND OF LOVE, AND OF A SOUND MIND!!!
Isn't He absolutely wonderful?
Sabbath blessings to all,
Dawn--new iPod owner

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I had a smile on my face reading through you whole post. Thanks for including the picture of you in the glasses. The whole post was delightful. Blessings on you, Dear Dawn.

Tamera said...

Goodness! You sure had an eventful day!

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...