Friday, December 24, 2010

Link to stress relief PLUS....

Hi again everyone,




Those of you who haven't read the post that I wrote last night will need to do so for this one to make any sense. Anyway, here's the link to the BETAR website: http://www.betar.com/.

I urge all of you, as you do your best to deal with the hustle and bustle of the season, to take a moment to ponder how much better your life would be if you owned one of these tools. Of course, I'll write more about my new venture as it develops. However, I so despise getting curious about something and then not knowing where to go to get the information for me to learn more about it. Just in case you're like me in this, I am sharing the website so that you can learn from the people who designed this blessing to mankind!

And now for the PLUS part of this blog post. I also shared last night that after a long month of hair pulling and eye rubbing here, our family has finally ALL agreed on the design for our label. Our goal for decades has been to direct market our farm products to consumers. How well I recall the year that Robert sat down and figured out that, for our load of certified organic sunflowers, WE WERE NOT THE ONES WHO MADE THE REAL MONEY!!!

Robert meticulously figured out that the corporation that we sold our semi-load of sunflowers to made over $60,000 while we made just under $7,000. Does that seem fair to you? Well, I could get on my soapbox here but, with Christmas tomorrow, probably nobody would listen anyway. Instead, I'll bless you all with this picture of our newly approved label.

This is a picture of our farm from the airplane when we were returning from San Francisco. What a wonderful way to remember our 30th wedding anniversary! Every time we put one of these on a bag of our organic wheat, flax, sunflowers..., we'll remember how grand it was to rest from our labors for one whole week!

I'm sure that it would seem strange to most people that I am sitting here crying tears of joy as I look at our very own label, but it's a dream come true. SO HERE IT IS FOLKS!



That's us. The right side of the road was home to Gladys Johnson who prayed for several years that a Christian family would buy her farm. On the left side of the road is our homestead. Notice the curve of the road on the right side--I JUST LOVE HAVING OUR VERY OWN CURVE!

You will also notice that we had to list a website on our label. You can actually go there although we haven't done much work on it. Andrew has begun but that is going to be our next hair-pulling experience. Please keep us in your prayers as we do our very best to market the incredible grains that we produced here this year.

Best go join my family for lunch. If ever there was a heart full of joy, though, it is mine today!!!
Here's a hug to all of those who have prayed for me/us over the years. I LOVE YOU ALL!

Dawn--on my last day of being 52 years old

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

That's a beautiful label!

Happy 53rd birthday dear friend. I'm so glad to know you. You are beautiful inside and out.

Love,

Kimberly

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...