Sunday, November 20, 2011

And the winners are:

Hi everyone,
  What a wonderful day we spent together as a family yesterday.  I am continually amazed how refreshing it is to totally rest.  I slept in until 10:00; took a shower; and got lunch ready as Cora was working on a cake.
  After lunch, and after our sing fest, we dug into our newest Preterist resource hot off the presses.  It's put out by the INTERNATIONAL PRETERIST ASSOCIATION, INC (www.preterist.org) and it's simply called: Garrettsville Seminar 2011. 
  Ed Stevens, who is the president of the IPA, spoke on the beginning of our life on this planet.  He said that it's critical to the understanding of the resurrection of Christ.  We learned that Adam and Eve, although mortal, had the gift of immortality by eating of the tree of life every day.  However, when they sinned, it would have been unbearable to live forever in sinful bodies so they had to be driven from the garden.  It made me realize that death actually is a blessing when a person refuses to surrender their life to God and experience His peace on this Earth.  This gave a new perspective to things.  
  After church, I rested and listened to Dr. Coldwell's STRESS RELIEF FOR CHRISTAN'S.  I have learned to listen at least once a day so that stress doesn't build up inside of me and the deterioration of sin start to wear me down again.  It doesn't matter if it's my sin, or someone who has sinned against me, both of them wear me down.  Dr. Coldwell gets me in touch with God again by focusing on the need for me to repent of my sin and to forgive those who sin against me.  IT'S ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!
When I woke up refreshed, the Lord spoke a new thought.  "What would it do to your wrist if you would start playing Foosball?"
"WHAT?  Boy Lord, you say the strangest things."
However, when I began to ponder this topic I realized that Foosball playing uses my wrist in the opposite way that doing sessions does.  I believe that I have shared what problems I've been having with my wrist these past few months.  Doing so many sessions, and then writing down the links, has caused a muscle in my arm to get way too tight.
The massage therapist that I got to know in Fundamentals class has worked on it twice and that has helped a lot.  She also recommended that I buy a small rubber ball and roll my arm on it between sessions.  This has helped quite a bit too but, with all of the sessions that I did last week, my wrist has been very sore.
I shocked my boys yesterday when I came out of my bedroom and said, "Does anybody want to go and play Foosball?"
"WHAT?  Mom wants to play Foosball--let's go." 
We played 8 games and my wrist felt much more loose than it has in months!!!  I have been avoiding playing as looking down, plus the general tension of playing with the professionals around here, usually made my neck and head ache.  Can you believe it--8 games?
After that we had supper and, being as I had offered to milk Sally to give Andrew a break, I headed out into the snowy, very crisp air to milk old Sally.  She was kind of goofy and couldn't decide if she wanted her BodyTalk session or not. 
Finally I got that there was an interference which is that she is afraid that Andrew will sell her.  I told her that this had not been decided yet, and that all of her worrying about it isn't doing any good.  Then she let me do her AnimalTalk session and she was much happier.  I am continually amazed how much stress relief can come out of a session!
After that we watched HOW THE WEST WAS WON!  Boy, am I ever glad that we don't live in those days.  I like to think that I've got lots of courage but, boy, nobody is trying to take my scalp off of my head--THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lastly I gave consideration to my "Problem."  This year 2 ladies have entered my contest for a free session.  I just wasn't sure what to do as I love both of these women.  Now, if 100 people had entered, then I'd chose one but seeing as 2 have entered, I have decided to give them BOTH a free session.  Kimberly and Gwen, please send me an email so that we can set up a time to do your blogiversary sessions and CONGRATULATIONS.
Well, it's a new week.  Today we're going to Mandan for Robert's mom's birthday.  Tomorrow we have our Constitution meeting in Napoleon; Tuesday is sessions, Wed..................  Please pray with me for a lovely day to work our calves.  Things have been so hectic around here that the dastardly deed has been pushed off and last night we had SNOW.  It makes me very nervous. 
Thanks for listening to my ramblings.  Have a great week everyone!
Dawn
PS  CONGRATULATIONS KIMBERLY AND GWEN!!!!!!!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...