Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A personal invitation to YOU!

Hi everyone,

Oh, what a lovely Autumn day it is today! In fact, this is just the kind of weather that we’re hoping for on the first weekend in October. That’s when we’re having our next AppleSeed Shoot here at our farm. It will be the last in ND for the year. I’m sure that we will hold many more, in the future, as we have a permanent shooting range here now. I mention that for those of you who have shared that you’d like to attend a shoot but just can’t make it this time.

If you are certain that you will be attending this shoot, we need you to register for the shoot at this link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4142765122%20%20%20%20%20 We, the Bornemann family, need you to register so that we can get enough tarp laid down for you all. We also go to our local implement dealer and pick up their large boxes. We need to open the boxes and nail them into the backdrop. We need to plan for your stay with us, in many little ways, so it would help us to know how many of you are coming to the shoot.

The shoot bosses also need to know how many materials to bring—that would be targets; extra rifles; AppleSeed T-shirts, and most important of all—Riflemen badges! PLEASE register today for the shoot so that we can have a wonderful, well-planned event for you all to enjoy. If you’re not certain about attending, I recommend that you go here and read some about the program. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=31220.0 If you need to borrow a rifle, let us know that ASAP too.

The AppleSeed program is a life-changing program. Would you agree that we Americans are a pampered lot? Well, I’ve attended 4 AppleSeed shoots now and this last one really got to me. The history really sunk into me at a very deep level. I was so tired from shooting on the second day that I thought, “I’m done—that’s all that I can do.” Then Kyle shared a bit of early American history and I heard myself think, “I am such a baby—I can shoot one more AQT,” and I did! This happened twice and many times since then I have reminded myself of all that our countrymen endured as they sought a free country for their descendants. Dare I do any less?

Even if you don’t enjoy shooting, it IS important that the masses become good shots. As more and more threats to our sovereignty surface, I have become increasingly aware that we MUST band together with our neighbors to protect our neighborhoods from threat—from the loss of our freedoms!!!

Come on over neighbors—let’s learn together how to keep America free and then let’s work together to do it!!!!!!!! 
 
 Here I am with my old AppleSeed shirt.  I wasn't going to take a new one at this last shoot, to try to keep expenses down for the program, but then I saw that they have new shirts.  I took a bright pink one which you will see me wear at our next shoot either in person or on here.
 Here Alex is telling part of the history that moved me so.  Alex drove all the way here from Iowa to donate his time to help us learn how to shoot our best.  Kyle came from SE Minnesota.  When these guys were here 3 years ago for our very first shoot, they said that they don't even ask for gas money unless they're desperate.  Can you imagine young men donating weekend after weekend of their time to help folks learn the importance of shooting well???  I think that they are amazing and I am very proud that Andrew and Jacob (after he makes Rifleman) have joined the program.
 This is our firing line except I don't know where Jacob was at this time.  He was first in line; then my friend, Roxy, then me, then a bunch of Lepperts, Cora, Jessica, and 2 guys that rode along with Kyle from Minneapolis to experience life in the country at it's best.  There were 10 of us all together and 2 scored at the Rifleman level and received their Rifleman badges from the shoot bosses.  I'm going to make it one of these times!!!!!!!!!!!
 The shoot starts by us aiming at the middle square and then the upper ones and then the lower ones in these targets.  This is how you can tell if your rifle is sighted properly.  Andrew sighted my new rifle last week and said that it was about 6 inches high and about 4 to the left which he very gallantly corrected for me.  They also teach us in class how to adjust our sights to correct the problems.  Perhaps one of these times I'll be able to remember the inches--minutes--clicks lesson but for now, it's still confusing to me.

After shooting, the line is called to CEASE FIRE; CEASE FIRE; CEASE FIRE!!   That means you must not shoot any more or else you'll get scolded by the shoot boss.  Once I was mildly scolded when Kyle, upon checking our end of the line, found that my safety wasn't on.  He looked at me as he put the safety on and said, "Dawn, I'm putting your safety on."  You can be sure it did NOT happen again.  These guys must be firm and strict because of the safety issues involved in having a bunch of people armed and dangerous.

When the line is clear, then the shoot boss gives the command, "Shooters, you may proceed down range and check your targets."  At first this is kind of exciting but it can get old too--especially with a sore knee.  Roxy and I took turns putting up our new targets and returning the old for her hands and my knees were telling our age on us.
 
Will I do it again?  With skinned elbows; sun-burnt lips; and aching knees for the next week, will I do it again?  The answer is, "EVERY CHANCE I GET!!!"  Why?  Well, that Rifleman badge keeps calling my name but it's more than that now.  I BELIEVE in this program and I love seeing people improve in their shooting.  Andrew and I even held an informal AppleSeed here last week.  This means that Andrew called the line and I actually taught another woman friend of mine how to shoot.  Joyce did very well and I was so proud of her!!! 

There's just something about knowing that folks know how to protect themselves, if need be, that thrills me.  It's the American way--it's the way to preserve our freedoms if all else fails!!!  I'm not for shooting first.  I'm for talking first--talking to my legislators in particular.  However, if they remain determined to throw in the towel on American sovereignty, am I going to stand by and do nothing to preserve my country for myself; my children; my grandchildren???  Certainly not!!!!!!!!! 

Will YOU join me on the firing line in a few short weeks?  If not, would you at least pray for others who will?  If not, will you at least go to the website and read about the program and then send others there that you think WILL?  If not, why?

Yours for freedom,

Dawn

Dawn for the Bornemanns

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...