Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Radical changes




I knew, as I held my dying father's hands this Spring, I KNEW that his death would bring radical changes to my life.  The good, the bad, and the ugly of those changes all seemed terrifying at the thought of him not being in the world to help me know what to do. 


I have prayed more earnestly than I recall ever praying before about ANYTHING (except to get well), that I would know how to spend my inheritance wisely.  I have cried out to God for wisdom to know what to do with it so that every penny spent would please HIM!!!


I have picked out a brand new house, and then kissed it GOODBYE, and finally after weeks of crying I slowly became neutral.  After all, what in the world would I know what to do with a brand new house.  Right?  Me who has lived pinching pennies very tightly most of my life!!!


I have pushed the money away in my mind not wanting to make anyone jealous or seem like my parents seemed to others.  I have screamed out to God for the proper way to go gracefully into a higher income bracket.  This Summer I have read more about how to be at peace with a lot of money than I ever even knew was written. 


It all helped a little but this helped a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!  I will always cherish those who work!  I will always cherish those who do the "Dirty" jobs in life.  I will always do my best to take care of myself so that others won't have to do my dirty work!  I honor those of you who went to work today to support your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I think that this lesson will stick with me forever.  I sincerely hope that I have tempted you enough to take the next 17 minutes of your life and learn what makes this millionaire GREAT in my opinion!


God bless you all!!!


Dawn 



No comments:

Bailey is HERE!!!

  WE HAVE A DOG!!!  YAY.  Her name is Bailey and she's 3 years old.  She's a Yellow Labrador Retriever and we're in love already...