Sunday, September 14, 2014

You've got it all, girl!

Hi everyone,


I'm not out at the range this morning because I need to soak after shooting all day yesterday.  That, plus the first frost coming this morning, sent me out to water down my flowers; Cora's citrus plants; and the entire garden.  Did you know that, on the mornings of a light frost, you can prevent the loss of your plants by lightly watering them before the sun hits the plants?  Well, it's true but it's NOT very pleasant to be out watering on a frigid LATE SUMMER morning when you'd rather stay in your toasty warm bed!!!


Anyway, I decided to write quickly this morning because of something that was said to me last night as I grilled the burgers for supper with a new shooting buddy.


Here I've been feeling sorry for myself because of the MS and because we won't be able to buy the new house we had picked out after all.  Our house is sooo old and sooo in need of much work, which would cost a lot of money, so we had decided to purchase a brand, new modular home with my inheritance called the Sunken Watson. 


Anyway, hobbling around gets old so I was a pretty shocked last night when my new friend said to me, "You've got it all, girl!" 


"What do you mean?" I stammered.


"You got it all," she said again as she gestured at our farm with her arm.


I let it go at that but got to pondering on this as we ate supper together in the shop.  Here I saw friends from several states who came together to learn what makes America great and how to preserve it!!!  Our oldest shooter was 69 years old and the youngest 21.  We had male and female shooters.  There are tall and short shooters.  We have thin and pudgy shooters but all shooters have one thing in common--we LOVE America with it's more freedoms than any other country has EVER enjoyed!!


Here then is a list of things that I think may fit into my friends', "You got it all, girl," category.  In other words, her words made me grateful for all of these things this morning.  Now, these aren't all the things that I am grateful for but, by looking at my life through my friends' eyes, I see new blessings that I most likely would not have seen had she not said that I have got it ALL!


1.  I'm an American.


2.  I'm a farmer and live in the country.


3.  I have a loving husband (she is divorced).


4.  I have 3 incredible children.


5.  I know how to shoot & have my own private range to do it in complete with flags & an outhouse.


6.  I know how to garden and have space for a large one


7.  I have a nice, large yard


8.  I have my own playground--volleyball court; massive swing set; teeter totter; and swimming pool


9.  I have a house to live in which keeps me warm, safe, and dry


10.  I have lots of pretty plants to cheer me and give me a fresh supply of Oxygen


11.  I have a grill to add that wonderful flavor to our burgers.


12.  I have burgers.


13.  I have friends to eat my burgers with.


14.  The last to come to mind, of course, is that I'm a part of the Appleseed program!


The list could go on and on down to the clothing that I was wearing and the rifle I shot and the ammo that I shot in it and the blanket I was lying on and the hay bales that held up the targets and the targets and the Appleseed program and the Appleseed instructors and my sling and my glasses and my ear protection and my memory that most of the time remembered where everything was at and where it was to go.


 The point is that one chooses their attitude constantly!  I can either be glum because I'm hurting or I have to spend another Winter in this old house or that certain people were not able to attend the shoot and they are being missed OR I can choose to think the opposite.


Look at how God chased the rain away and sent us the sunshine that many of us were praying for.  Look at the new folks who showed up for an Appleseed shoot that never attended one before.  Look at how much LESS pain I have now that I'm on the Stemtech products and doing my Kyroback than I had at the last shoot!!!  Look at the man who flew from Georgia to be our shoot boss and bless us with his wisdom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


WOW!!!  I really DO have it all!!!


Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!


Dawn


PS  Now I'm going to go take a soak in my whirlpool which is NOT a new blessing but I am even more thankful as I ponder the many ways that I "Have it all!"





No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...