Sunday, January 25, 2015

Dear friends, I KNOW this! I know it and I understand this! I know it and I believe it and I comprehend it and I GET THIS!!! Still, I forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is it about living in this world which condemns me over and over and over again? I have been a follower of Jesus Christ/Yeshua, the son of God, for 46 years and STILL I struggle with self condemnation. I'm going along, thinking that I truly grasp how much God loves me, and then WHAM I doubt it all over again. Sometimes I don't even realize that I have fallen into doubting God's love for me. I can be going along feeling totally loved by him and then, it's like dust collecting on my clothing, all of a sudden I realize that I DON'T feel loved by God any more. That's how it is this morning. I just came off of a wonderful Sabbath day of rest with my precious family. We studied God's word together. We sang hymns together. We feasted; we celebrated; we rejoiced in the goodness of God to us; we rested together. What could be more wonderful??? I am most certainly blessed by God above I could ever have imagined! I am truly a special child to Him for Him to have blessed me so greatly!!! Then I read Pastor Prince's words just now and it hit me square in the face! I have once again fallen out of understanding with how much God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit really truly do LOVE me!!! How can this be?????? The world must be so full of hatred that it is impossible to go through it without being poisoned by the stuff. If anyone knows a method to keep basking in God's love, please share it here! I would love to share with you how God keeps bringing me back to Himself. It's by reading the daily devotional of Pastor Prince from Singapore. As I read his thoughts this morning, it came back to me fresh and new like a Spring breeze: GOD REALLY, TRULY, SINCERLY LOVES ME!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess what. He feels this way about YOU too! Go on and read this. I dare you to do so and not be refreshed again in a clear understanding of how VERY much God loves you! Jan 25 Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” ribbon end Do you know that it was at the cross that Jesus addressed His Father as “God” for the first time? He had always addressed His Father as “Father”. But at Calvary’s tree, He addressed His Father as “God”. Jesus lost that Father-Son relationship when He was representing you and carrying your sins at the cross so that today, you can call God “Abba! Father!” (Romans 8:15) and have a loving father-son relationship with God forever. Jesus was forsaken by God and His world became very dark on that lonely hill so that in your darkest hour, God will always say to you, “I will never leave you nor forsake you!” (Hebrews 13:5) At the time when Jesus needed God most, God turned His back on Him. God had to turn His back on His Son because His eyes are too holy to behold all the sin that was in His Son’s body. And because God turned His back on Jesus, He will never turn His back on you. Instead, you will see God’s face of favor shining on you all the time! Jesus also took your place of no protection at the cross. For the first time, He gave up divine protection so that you can have it every day of your life! And because He became sin, He took your curse at the cross so that today, as you take His gift of righteousness, you receive only blessings from God. Jesus received the full brunt of God’s wrath in His body once and for all when He carried your sins. All of God’s anger and condemnation fell on Him, consuming all your sins until God’s wrath was exhausted. Today, God is not angry with you. The body of Jesus absorbed everything—your sins, curses, and God’s anger and condemnation. So live life expecting to see not the judgment, but the goodness and blessings of God!

No comments:

Bailey is HERE!!!

  WE HAVE A DOG!!!  YAY.  Her name is Bailey and she's 3 years old.  She's a Yellow Labrador Retriever and we're in love already...