Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Terrible day yesterday

I can recall, when I lay dying in 2006, that a friend loaned me her copy of TRUTH TALK.  I remember clearly the lesson in the book on not calling everything, "TERRIBLE!"  By calling EVERYTHING terrible, there is no room for lesser traumas like just "Rotten," or "Crappy," or just plain old "Feeling BAD!"  Then, too, if one terms everything as terrible, who is going to believe you when you truly do feel absolutely, certainly, unmistakably TERRIBLE!!! 


Well, yesterday was TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!  I learned that a special friend is very close to dying!  Also, I was feeling so rotten that I wished that I could go with her! 

This morning, I told myself that my thinking has got to change even though I'm still feeling VERY badly.  I recall reading how laughter can help the body heal so I pondered on what would be the funniest video to watch and I knew that the Carol Burnett reruns were just the thing.


So, with no more explanation and no complaints about the WIND, I give you a touch of growing up in the 70s.  I laughed the whole way through, and watched others too, so I'm hoping that this current terrible will disappear SOONNNNNNNNN! 


Here's to laughter,






1 comment:

Emmy said...

Tim Conway is very funny!!!!!! I LOVE to laugh too! :D

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...