Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Which pliers?

This is going to be a different type of post for me.  I'm not going to try to inspire your soul or ease your pain or help you to be more thankful!  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

Actually this is going to be a post which is so unlike me.  I mean, "Which pliers should I use?" has NOT been me.  However, recently I looked around my makeup table and saw a bunch of broken jewelry.

 It's no big deal if one of them breaks but the pile was growing and I want to wear these pieces again.  I decided to order a jewelry repair kit and some wire in beautiful colors.  Then, when the kit came last week, I was pretty shocked.  I mean it has THREE pliers!!  What do they have to do with getting my necklaces usable again?

So I decided to go on YouTube and see if there were any "How to repair your broken jewelry" videos and there were--ALL types of them.  I really liked the one where the dad fixed his daughter's favorite necklace that had broken.  He was all excited to give it back to her!  However, I needed more details as he kind of cheated.  Shortening the chain and adding the closing thing a bopper to the long part was something that even I might have figured out on my own.

Well, look at the gold mine I just found.  It's awesome.  I learned how to use all 3 of those pliers in under 15 minutes!  I'M SO HAPPY!!!!

So, if you have any jewelry sitting around needing fixing, you'll want to watch this too.  I may just share my finished products here IF it really is as easy as the professionals make it look.  lol

Later,

Dawn


No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...