Friday, January 19, 2018

Beauty of snow?

I love the weekly Sabbath rests that our family has enjoyed these past 22 years.  We work hard all week and then REST a whole day!  YAY!!!

For farmers who push hard throughout the growing season, Winter is like that too.  It's nice not to have to worry about the crops and even the cattle are more likely to stick close to home.  ;) 

We deal with a lot of cold, that's true, and sometimes travel is difficult but I've come to like a more restful time of year called Winter.  As long as I take my Vitamin D drops daily (Thorne labs), I don't suffer from SAD any more so that's an immense blessing. 

I like that I have more time to write and study and watch movies with my sweetie!  I REALLY like cups of hot tea or cocoa and bowls of steaming soup.  There's lots to like about Winter if one takes the time to ponder.  It's not easily loved, as is Summer, but it does have it's perks.  :)

I just found a poem that summarizes my thoughts on this.  I hope that you like it.  I hope that you find some time to rest tomorrow, and this season, as rest is the most healing thing there is--at least it is for me with all my nerve trauma.  Anyway, I'm thankful that I pulled through another case of cancer so I rejoice and send love to all for a restful Winter!

Dawn

TIMELESS TREASURES


A Winter's portrait, so bountiful,
Nature's gift indeed...
Though lurking are the lifeless flowers
Returned to earth as seed.
All sacred gifts sent unto us
Are made by God's own hands -
And always, they are precious ones
To love just as He plans!
While lilies in the valley rest,
And clad are crystal trees...
A lifeless day revives the soul
Through snowflakes on a breeze.
These heavenly troves to come our way,
So beautiful, big or small...
Will touch our lives through each new day -
God's gifts... they're best of all!
Dianne Cogar
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...