Thursday, August 4, 2022

He's my Dream Dog?

God answers all prayers.  He really does.  It's either a "Yes" answer; a "No" answer; or a "Wait" answer but He DOES answer our prayers.  If we're not seeing that, then maybe we don't want to see it for some reason.  Maybe we just can't bear to hear the answer at this time.  That's when "Wait" is a kind answer from our loving Heavenly Father.

The Lord recently answered my prayer for a dog.  Two Summers ago my dog, Beamer, got hit on the road that goes through the 2 sides of our farm.  Last Summer we were grieving too much to get a dog.  When Spring came this year, I began looking for our new favorite critter.  

I had one closed door after another.  Finally last week I saw the dog that I felt was for us.  I contacted the owner and my neighbor, Luci, and I went and picked him up on Tuesday.  It was a 2 1/2 hour drive one way so it was a long day in the car especially on the way home with a new dog in the back seat.

So now Valor is with us and I am very happy but it's not without problems.  Maybe Father gave me this dog BECAUSE of the problems that I would have to solve in regards to him.  Maybe I'm going to learn something as a result of dealing with this kangaroo critter I now own.  He's about as opposite from Beamer as 2 dogs could be.  

I am not kidding about his jumping.  Valor is a year and a half old and FULL OF ENERGY.  Because he's new here, we've been keeping him tied up at night and when nobody is outside.  When I go over to let him off of the cable, he goes half crazy--or maybe 2/3 crazy.  

I've been rewarding him with doggy treats for sitting down so I could release the clasp and set him free.  He seems to like Milk Bone treats.  After10 to 15 "Sit Valor" commands, each with a tiny nibble of treat, he's calm enough to be released.  HOWEVER, then he wants to jump on ME.

I've been praying about an approach to solve this jumping issue Valor has.  I remembered that dogs do not like to get wet if it's not their idea.  So I took the garden hose over by him and started filling his water tub.  When Valor came calmly by my side, I patted his sweet, little head.  When Valor came charging at me like a wild pig, I aimed the hose at him.

IT WORKED!!!   My new dog shrunk away in shock.  He simply could not believe that I would do that to him.  lol

I am so happy.

All of this to say that God truly does have an answer to EVERY problem that we may face.  I urge you to bring your problem to God in prayer and ask Him to show you HIS solution.  It may surprise you what He suggests that you do but I urge you to go with it.  

Now to convince Valor that he is no longer a house dog.  Can you imagine people keeping a VERY active German Shepherd IN THE HOUSE??  To me, that is abuse. Of course, Valor wasn't always this big.  lol

Please pray for Valor to adjust to his new home here with us!  May God bless you for your prayers!

Dawn



No comments:

Are you sad today too?

  The Glorious Sadness Of Mother’s Day Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2024 | by David P. Deavel | 2 Comments | Print AMAC EXCLUSIVE Holidays have...