Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Promotion?


Promotion: the act or fact of being raised in position or rank: preferment
OR the act of furthering the growth or development of something; especially the furtherance of the acceptance and sale of merchandise through advertising, publicity, or discounting.
So, if you're NOT being paid to do something is it a promotion when you are put forward--shown preferment?  I guess it doesn't matter but I'm curious as to what you all think about this.
Whether it's a promotion or not, I am VERY excited about what fell into my lap yesterday.  You see, the John Birch Society field coordinator had asked me to call him when I had some time to "Chat."  I thought it was concerning the meetings that I'm scheduling for him here and in Bismarck.  Although it was about this as well, there was a big "Bonus" for me in the conversation as well.
In case you haven't noticed yet, I LOVE to write.  By the way, we ARE still working on our New Year's letter.  Anyway, Mr. Stevens called to ask if I would be the editor for the John Birch Society during the legislative session! 
He said that he is in the process of choosing 6 to 12 legislative watchdogs who will need to be at the capitol when bills that concern freedom are being discussed.  They will then email me the information and I will write impassioned emails to folks to let them know how to inform their Senators and Representatives what they expect them to do about the legislation. 
  I warned Mr. Stevens that I am NOT politically correct and that I will NOT hold back when I am strongly concerned about our eroding freedoms.  He must have been smiling as he warmly said, "That's what we want!"  So was that a promotion or a con job?  ;)

I'm thrilled because I want to do SOMETHING to help the cause of liberty.  However, I see clients every day (except on the Sabbath) and I know that my main purpose in being here (other than being a wife and mother) is to offer BodyTalk sessions to the public.  Now, writing emails is something that I can quickly do in between clients, schooling, or chores.
"But you're a good writer yourself," I protested yesterday to Mr. Stevens.
"I do ok," he admitted, "but it is drudgery to me and you actually LIKE to do it," so I relented.
Now, there's no pay for this service; no gold watch at the end; probably not even any "You did a great job," so IS it a promotion?
John 13:16  Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
JOYFULLY I SERVE MY LORD TODAY IN ALL THINGS THAT HE LAYS BEFORE ME!  AMEN?
Tonight we need your prayers as we go to our redistricting meeting and see what the Lord would have us do for Him there. 
For the King I humbly submit my life to go where ever He sends me.  I pray that all who read this will do likewise.  Isn't the concept of "Promotion" worldly anyway?
Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...