Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cora's new blog

Hi everyone,

Cora started a new blog so that she could post pictures again as she filled her first one up completely.  Here's the link--http://whereicountblessings.blogspot.com/  I love her blog as she shares daily what we're doing here.  I love the name as counting our blessings is the best way to be happy every day.

I took a class this past weekend about the enneagram.  You can read about it here and learn how studying what type of personality we have can help our relationships: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/begin.asp

There's a free test that you can take in 10 minutes which will most likely show you which personality you have.  It was very interesting to me to see that I am not the perfectionist that I thought I was.  My mother was a perfectionist but I was just living to please her.  Actually I am a helper. 

It's good to be a helper as everyone knows that they can depend on you.  What we learned in class, though, I have learned by experience.  Everyone can depend on a helper EXCEPT the helper! 

I sat with 2 women who also were helpers who said the same thing.  They both have problems with taking care of themselves, until they absolutely MUST, although everyone else's wishes are MOST important.  One of them has suffered from shingles and cancer, as I have, so it was a warning to take a little time to take care of myself every day which I will now go and do.

Have a great week!

Dawn

PS.  If you care to share here what you are, after taking the test on the enneagram site, I would love to hear about it--especially if you're a 2.  Maybe we can start a club?  I can help you........................  ;)

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...