Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Oh the weather outside is frightful

Yesterday morning about 30 North Dakotans met by the steps of the Capitol building in Bismarck.  Andrew and I were there making a stand for smaller government.

 After the meeting a man came up to me and said, "I'm from the Tribune and took several pictures of you.  I am wondering if you'd be willing to give me your name in case I use one of them?"  Of course I smiled at him and told him my name and how Andrew had milked his cow and we drove an hour to get there to stand in the frigid January air.  He was very nice.

Last night, when I went searching for the article, I couldn't find it.  I was puzzled but kept looking.  All at once I saw myself in an article describing the weather for the week.  Here's the link so you can see the paragraph the Tribune decided to give to Patriots who drove in from across the state to meet together to protest the big government mentality moving into our state government.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/local/warmer-windy-and-snow-in-forecast/article_0934b708-5e8e-11e2-b277-001a4bcf887a.html

I felt that the "Campaign for Liberty" meeting at the capitol deserved WORLD WIDE coverage hence the blog post.

My hats off to Charlene who drove over from Fargo and directed the whole thing. 

Andrea from Bismarck also deserves much praise for the hot chocolate and everything else she brought including her father and his sound system.

 Also many thanks to Rob Port who drove in from Western North Dakota to speak and to all others who helped in some way to make the event a success--even though we were as important to the Trib as the weather which comes and goes. 

My biggest compliments this morning go to my son, Andrew Bornemann, who is an immense help wherever he goes!  I am so proud of my son who is indispensable to any group who is blessed enough to have his support!!  Thanks, Andrew!!!

My advice to you is to keep your eye on the weather forecast--you never know what kind of interesting information may be tucked away deep inside those reports.  ;)

Dawn

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I never would have recognized you in that picture. Well, it sounds like we are in for some really cold weather this coming week. Hope you are doing well, Friend. Have a blessed Sabbath.

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...