Thursday, October 26, 2017

THROUGH IT ALL

The first snowflakes fell this morning as I went out on my porch to feed Millie!  The wind howled around me as I tried to make my peace with thoughts of living through another North Dakota Winter!
 
I thought of little Elsie and little Timothy--such tiny people in such a vast expanse of prairie that surrounds us all. 
 
I thought of the cold that soon will seep in at every tiny crack under doors and around windows--the cold that doesn't stop for nearly half a year!
 
WHY WOULD ANYONE LIVE IN SUCH A PLACE AS THIS?????????????  and yet this IS where God has put us to live and to raise our families.  I wonder why?
 
As memories of past Winters swirled through my mind, the gloom began to take over.  I cried out to my Father what to do so that I can function today and not crawl back into bed and pull up the covers and feel sorry for myself that the cold makes the pain of MS even worse. 
 
I tried to play the glad game.  You know, I'm glad that I have a nice, warm house.  I'm glad that I have a wonderful, loving family.  I'm glad I'm still alive.  I'm glad for all of the food and clothing that God has given me all my life.  I'm glad that I can still walk and am not in a wheelchair but I just could not stop the tears.
 
You see, I've been under a major attack by the enemy of God's people today.  How he must hate Christians who are sold out for the Lord!  How he must despise those of us who are thankful for God's blessings even when we are wrapped in a cloak of pain.
 
Then I heard a song playing in my head.  It's an old song.  It's been around almost as long as I have been here.  As it grew louder in my mind, I knew that I was to share it with you all who may also be under attack from the enemy FOR DOING GOOD!
 
I hope that you enjoy this Booth Brother's version of  "Through It All" as much as I am enjoying it now.  I hope that you know the loving Heavenly Father's compassion as I know it now.  I pray that you'll turn to Him and let Him help you through ALL that the enemy is throwing at you.  He can help you THROUGH IT ALL, too!
 
Hugs dear family of God,

Dawn
 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...