Sunday, October 24, 2021

Feminism AN ENEMY?

 I often wondered what happened to men.  This video explains it quite well in a very sad way.  

 I am old enough to have worn dresses to school with my classmates in the early 1960s.  Girls looked like girls and boys looked like boys.  It was the way it was but I never knew what a blessing it really was.

  As time went on, I became aware that things were changing.  By my high school years in the mid 1970s, I had long since switched from wearing dresses to wearing blue jeans like all of the girls!  I didn't understand how much I had lost.

  Fast forward to the late 1990s, when I woke up one morning with God whispering in my ear.  My daughter was about 10 years old and wearing blue jeans like Mama.  You must imagine my surprise when I heard God say audibly to me, "I want you to wear dresses."  

  "WHAT LORD?"

  "I want you to wear dresses!"

  Then began the long "Discussion" that I had no money for a new wardrobe; that I would look weird; that "Nobody does it," and so forth.  I was sure that I had talked my maker out of that one.

  "I want you to wear dresses and I will provide them for you."

  Later that week, my sister-in-law called and asked if we wanted some free clothing.  She was the Secretary in a large church and they had just held a clothing drive. "We have way too many to send overseas," she explained.  "Why don't you come and get what's left?"  Why indeed.

  So we went to the church and BOY were there clothes.  We covered our living room floor with black garbage bags full of cloths.  EVERYONE in the family got a new wardrobe--not just my daughter and I. We had never had so many clothes and it amazed us all!!  Isn't THAT like God to bless us more than we can imagine.

  So we switched to wearing dresses and skirts overnight.  Once we made up our minds, it was easy and our closets were full of new-to-us clothing.  What a blessing!!  My daughter and I put every last pair of pants and shorts we owned back in those bags and we donated them to a thrift store in the city.

  With the change to my wardrobe came the change to my heart.  My husband was the man I had chosen to spend my life with.  He had made countless sacrifices for our family to be well cared for.  HE DESERVED MY RESPECT!!

  If this seems to simple, it really wasn't.  My dressing like a lady made it easy for me to honor my husband.  I am so blessed to have him for my husband!  We just celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary and we are so happy together.  I am happy to honor him and he honors me as a virtuous woman.  One time he told our children, "Your mother is faithful!"  Nothing has made me happier.

  Here's to the men of God who quietly keep their families going.  You're doing a great job!  Thank you Brannon for this very fine presentation.

  Dawn


No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...