Tuesday, October 27, 2009

MC3--Day 11


Yesterday was awesome. Please read Cora's post to see what we all did. As always it is a treat to get to visit the Keister family and this was no exception. It was great that Lane took the time to show us how to fill in music. I have always admired people who can play piano by ear and I usually think, when I hear someone doing it, "How in the world can they play so well without even reading the notes. There must be something that they know that I don't know!"

Well, Lane showed us a few simple tricks to dress up in between the notes when the music is written rather simple. That was a BIG blessing and visiting with Sarah afterwards was even better. She is a super special lady to me and I always learn something new when we can get together and swap ideas on health, cooking, and gardening. I got to share some about the Master Cleanse (on my mind a lot these days for some reason) and we discussed making kombucha.

After we left the Keister's home, we drove to Linton to meet an old friend from church there. I was sooooooo happy Sunday afternoon when I remembered that Martha B. takes old coats and makes the most wonderful teddy bears out of them. About 10 years ago I had taken the children to see her house and it was full of the most wonderful little friends a child could want. Each bear was unique and each one was special because Martha has an incredible way with bears. I wish you all could see her home.

Anyway, she said Sunday when I called her, that she would be happy to take my mom's expensive fur coat and makes some bears out of them for us. She also said that she would be in Linton yesterday and that she was aching to see Cora. She had just recently gone through her old thank you cards and found the one that Cora had made for her in appreciation for the bear she doted on Cora with. What a special lady she is.

We met at our former church and she was so disappointed that Cora wasn't with me. However, I led her to the FSA office after we were finished discussing the coats and asked her to wait a few moments. When I came out of the office with Cora, her eyes were soft and she embraced my girl as if 13 years had never come between us. My eyes went soft then and she said to Cora, "I'd know you even though you're not that sweet, little girl any more." We all smiled. How wonderful it is to be a part of the family of God. No matter where you go, there's always somebody near who loves the Lord too!

I picked this picture today because, as I look at this sweet, little miss, my heart just throbs with love for her. That must be what Martha felt for Cora years ago as the love for my girl just oozed out of that lady. It was such a blessing to see the joy that Cora's life brought to Martha. Martha just begged us to drive out to her farm when the bears are ready. How could we say, "No" even though it will be a very long drive there--probably about 70 miles. Well, all good things are worth making an effort for!!!!!!!!!! When we go, I will certainly capture her family of bears with my camera, you can be sure of that! :)
Well, after that we went to our house in Temvik and dug through the mess there. We have been needing some things which are in storage there. Somehow the animals got the basement window open and helped themselves to a great big cat house. It was sooooooooo gross. I wonder if God will ever show us what He wants us to do with that house.

After that we worked on apples while Jacob did his schoolwork. I was hurting really badly in the neck so Robert and I finished the day by soaking together in the whirlpool. I thought very little about food so it was a good day in that way but just pretty achy. Only 4 days to go!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

You will have to take some pictures of the bears so we can see them. Wow! Only 4 days to go although 4 sounds like alot to me to go without food. But when you put it into context that you have already done 11 days it doesn't seem too bad. Great job, Dawn! I can see how it would help to have Cora doing it at the same time. I know it always helped me when Whitney and I would go on a diet together. And it sure was more motivating having an exercise partner!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is great having a kindred spirit turning from the table too. :) However the problem is that neither one of us wants to cook now! Dear, why can't we have it both ways? ;)
Thanks for the encouragment!!!

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...