Monday, May 21, 2018

Innocent until proven guilty??????

A number of years ago I started taking MMS.  It's not illegal to take it--just illegal to make it.  WHY?  Because those who profit from illness won't profit as much if people aren't ill.  It's that simple.
 
Daniel and others are in prison for making MMS and helping people to get well.  THAT'S AGAINST THE LAW IN THIS COUNTRY!  THAT'S MY DEFINITION OF INSANITY!
 
Please pray that Daniel is released from prison to go back to his family and pursue whatever work the Lord has for him.  Please stand by Daniel along with me and millions of others around the world.
 
Dawn
 
 
 
From StandByDaniel.com:
Daniel Smith May Update

May 21, 2018

The Supremes Have Daniel’s Final Appeal

Daniel’s Lawyer, who has been rejected in every effort to get Daniel’s conviction overturned, sent the final appeal May 4th. It was electronically submitted to the highest court in America: The Supreme Court. The frantic, endless and exhausting work is now done. It is now in a wait-and-see status as the Supremes receive around 8,000 petitions annually...but only consider about 80.

Questions From Supporters

"Why keep trying? The odds are stacked against Daniel."
If you were innocent and yet convicted wouldn’t you almost rather die than give up?

"Since Daniel is likely going to a halfway house this Summer won’t that make his efforts moot?"
It is just the opposite: would you rather face 4 more years of penal monitoring and forever bearing the moniker Felon...or have the guilty verdict thrown out?

"Should I keep hoping and praying about this final appeal?"
Ponder: Years back ~ a town in Oregon state elected its mayor by a whopping difference of one vote. One vote elected a mayor. Your one prayer has crucial value: "The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results." (TLB)

Daniel’s Heartfelt message from Prison

Dear Friends & Family,

This month will mark three years in prison. Being only 48 years old, that's still only a small percentage of my life, and I'm grateful for all of it! I marvel at the whole journey.

I'll never forget three years ago -- almost to the day, on the eve of trial -- I received a call from my federal defender who said the government was offering a last minute "plea deal". They said if I would plead "guilty" to two counts of "felony misbranding" they would drop all other charges. However, they couldn't give me any idea what my sentence would look like or when I would have to begin serving it. I immediately saw two problems with this:

The first problem was I couldn't imagine telling a lie just to guarantee a lesser sentence. I knew this was a defining moment. Not only had I not "misbranded" MMS, I certainly hadn't done so with intent to defraud or mislead, and I wasn't about to stand up and swear I had, even if it meant less time in the pokey. What is a little more freedom if I have to live the rest of my life with a lie? The idea of being strong-armed to make the Government's job easier coupled with the tactics used to extort lesser pleas from my friends and family made me all the more resolved.

But the biggest problem was my daughter, Sabrielle, who was turning 11 that week -- the week of trial. I had already acquired, as a surprise, backstage tickets to a sold-out show of her favorite artist, Lindsey Stirling. I feared it might be our last Dad/Daughter Date Night in awhile and I couldn't bear to miss it. I subsequently rejected the Government's offer.

That weekend, after the prosecutor rested his case, after my federal defender rested without presenting a defense solely "for lack of preparation", after I was refused an opportunity to present my own defense in his stead, after the jury was sent home for the weekend before making its decision, I just put everything out of my mind and took my daughter to dinner and a concert.

I'll never forget it. She wore a brand new dress she and her mother had picked out that week for the occasion. It was a shimmering silvery-blue dress with blue sparkles that matched her eyes. I'll never forget how she lit up when she realized who everyone was standing in line to see that night. She had no idea Lindsey was even in town and hadn't bothered to look at the reader board when we parked.

We hurried past the line, showed our passes and disappeared backstage where we got our picture taken with Lindsey and sat for a private unplugged session. Lindsey did a Q&A with the few of us there. It was inspiring, but I'll never forget the concert... how Sabby leaned forward on the edge of her seat the whole night, her eyes as wide as saucers, just taking it all in, the whole stage on fire as Lindsey danced across it playing her violin. It was unforgettable pure magic.

I don't regret my decision for a minute. Had I "pled guilty" we would not likely have shared this memory and I would've gone to prison anyway in exchange for a lie.

This Monday, the 21st of May, Sabby turns 14. I can't wait to see her when I finally walk out the door. She's three years older now and becoming quite the young lady. This week she traveled across the state with her classmates to sit for opening arguments in a case pertaining to charter schools before the Washington State Supreme Court.

I think for this month, I'll dedicate, to all of you, Sabby's favorite Lindsey Stirling song: "Elements":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEDxTbwr6ic

 Also, for those who enjoy Circque shows with silk routines, here is a video of our "younger" Sabby "On the Silks" in 2013:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1B6CK_c4hs

Our petition for review by the U.S. Supreme Court was submitted on May 4, 2018. I'm told the Court grants review of less than 1% of the petitions it receives. Please send your prayers and good vibes. For now, we wait.

In closing, thank you from the depths of my heart for your continued love and support of my family.

With Love, Light, Laughter & Limitlessness!

Daniel


How Dad Views Daniel

Today Daniel has been in custody for 5 full years. Two (2) years house arrest before his trial and three (3) years in a Federal Prison following his conviction. Thus this caring, compassionate and giving man, whom we all know was innocent and whose purpose in life was to help others, was quarantined by the "Justice" System. But...finally... a change is on the horizon!!

Summer 2018 is almost here and there’s a light ahead in the tunnel. The light is not an incoming train ~ it is Freedom!

If the Justice System keeps its word ~ my Son is to be released to a halfway house near his home in Spokane ~ sometime in July and shortly thereafter to his family home. This brings great joy, sad memories and colossal needs.

Great Joy: I am ecstatic that he will breathe fresh air every day, squeeze his beloved wife and daughter, visit family and friends, and maybe stop at a Starbucks on the way to another concert with his daughter.

Sad Memories: I’ve never been a grudge carrier so I can only be disappointed that the Federal Prosecutor wanted to crucify Daniel...sending him to life in prison. Even worse was when Daniel’s attorney stood and said, "Your honor my client is furious but I have decided to not put on a defense."

Her honor smiled and said, "Bring in the jury." I’ll never forget how Daniel stood and pled with her to "allow me to present my defense...I have people ready to testify...sitting here." Brusquely she thundered, "Denied." Daniel then requested he be returned to home custody until his appeal (filed that very day) was heard by the 9th Circuit Appelate Court. Her response was even faster: "Denied."

So, instead of sending him to home confinement, where he had spent the two (2) prior years, she had deputies immediately remove and cast him into the Courthouse jail. In her lightning hurry she denied each of us from hugging him goodbye. So, unable to even glance our way, he was rushed out of the courtroom ~ having been deprived of true justice and his Constitutional right to defend himself.

Five (5) months later, it was disheartening to watch what the Judge did, at his sentencing hearing. I handed her a 5,000-signature petition in which worldwide supporters begged her to not sentence Daniel to prison. She opened the bound petition and read only one comment and then slammed it shut...and immediately sentenced Daniel. Unbelievable! She ignored more than 5,000 supporters.

Yes, these memories are very sad to me. Yet I know my Lord used Daniel to help scores of Inmates, kept his heart optimistic...if not even cheerful and employed you supporters to place a canopy of love and care over him.

Colossal Needs: Sometime in July when Daniel transitions to Spokane he’ll face a herculean task that most of us would stress over if in his shoes. "I’m a felon now. Who will employ me? How do I earn a living to support my family, finish paying the balance of the large Court fine, walk a strictly straight and narrow path to please the probation officer...for four (4) full years, and somehow help others as they so desperately need someone to do?" Doesn’t it seem to you that for Daniel this will be like starting life all over again?

I’ve never overstated the financial help Daniel’s ordeal has required. But with this albatross of obligations ~ help is sorely needed now. After all, he and his family’s needs will continue while he remains in prison. Then when he is released it may take days, weeks and more likely tough months before he can adequately support his family. I firmly believe that we’ll all gather together to support him through this rebuilding time.

And for those who can help Daniel at this crucial time...

Any assistance can best be sent through PayPal’s Send Money. When PayPal asks for the email to which your donation is to be sent, simply type (copy & paste does not work) ~ ~ either type:

Larry@StandByDaniel.com     or

OptimalHealthPress@gmail.com ...(both addresses go into the same account).

Some find it even simpler to just click the PayPal logo below:
ppd2


If you prefer to send your donation conventionally: USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. please send it to:
Larry Smith 9208 NE Highway 99, Suite 107-165 Vancouver, WA 98665-8986.
(This "suite" is simply a type of a post office box - with a street address).

Please Note: It is not possible for Daniel to have his own bank account while in prison ~ that’s why, I his father, receive it for him. To be deposited for Daniel’s and his family’s use it needs to be made out to Larry Smith.

Future Daniel Updates: I’ll continue to send Updates to you regularly (health allowing)  knowing you folks love Daniel and want to be kept informed. Surprise ahead. Daniel doesn't know yet but in September Daniel & Dad have tickets for a concert. Not just a concert but an incredible concert. Finally we can sit together again...the first time in over half a decade ~ and feast our souls as a gospel icon: David Phelps enthralls the audience. Here’s a link to get a taste of what we’re anticipating:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gGa1w_bnvM
(More than 1,999,219 have viewed this song. PS: tickets are still available! :)

Well its time to thank you for listening to an old man’s remembrances but before I stop let me humbly thank the Lord and express: I will ever admire and love my devout Son as I am positive " ...all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into his plans." (Rom. 8:28, TLB)

With Gracious Thankfulness

Larry Smith
Daniel’s Father
 
MMS Saves Lives.
Spacing  
lineavertical    
 
 

 

No comments:

Are you Ready to Reign?

 Hi everyone,   It's getting busy here as Winter has officially ended!!  YAY  When the temps reach the upper 60s and lower 70s, I would ...