Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Dear friends,
It's my favorite day of the whole year and I just want to write and extend wishes to each of you for a wonderful Thanksgiving day. I have soooooooo many things that I am thankful for that I could write a book about them--maybe I will. :)
Most of all I praise the Lord for sending His son to this earth to save our souls from eternal sorrow. Yes, we have many sorrows on this earth, but nothing can compare to THAT reality.
Secondly, I thank the Lord for sparing my life 2 years ago, for I have had countless joys in these past 2 years.
I am so thankful for the most understanding husband in the whole world. Robert and I have been together 28 years now and it's just as exciting to be with him as when we first met!!!
Next I praise God for the 3 most incredable children on earth. Cora, Andrew, & Jacob are so awesome--I really mean it. When I find the time to write about my near-death experience in '06, you will see how they sustained me each day. They did all of the chores; kept the garden going; did my field work; and found time to re-do the kitchen in their spare time. Of course their papa helped a lot with this last one.
Lastly I am going to say something that I never thought I would ever say. I am thankful that the Lord has given our family the internet (with the AFA filter). You see, I used to feel all alone out here on the prairies of ND, but now I can talk to folks all over the country. It is such a blessing to know that I'm not the only Christian home school mom who milks cows & goats; drives tractor; keeps the Sabbath; or does BodyTalk. I AM NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I've always known that the Lord has His remant spread throughout the world and that I was a part of it. I just didn't know where any of the rest of "It" was!!! Now I see that the internet is a good way to find them and to keep in touch with them! You who will read this are blessing me by assuring me that I am NOT alone in the world while I serve my King in my own way. So I want you to know that I thank the Lord for each one of you and I bless you all with this thought, "I wish you enough." I wish I could find that poem right now but I'm in a hurry to get back to the plans for supper, so I'd best close. Still, I will look for it later and post it when I find it.
Back to the turkey.
Dawn
PS. Jacob just said, "Your blog looks boring without pictures, Mom." I'll post some later.

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...