Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cora is 22 years old

On the morning of March 7th, which is Cora's birthday, the first thing that Robert said to me was, "Happy anniversary." I was still half asleep, but I did know that it wasn't our anniversary, so I jerked my brain awake and asked, "What on earth do you mean?"

"Well," he said, "it's your 22nd anniversary from the day that you became a mother." I smiled a big smile and let my memory take me back 22 years to the day when Cora Beth Bornemann joined the world and our family. I had never known such joy as holding my own flesh and blood in my arms. It still gives me a thrill to think of myself as a mother. This picture was taken at Cora's birthday party. As you can see, I STILL love holding a baby whenever I get the chance.
This is the 4th child of our neighbor's who attended Cora's birthday party.






I recall now a day, about 2 weeks before the birth, when I was in Aberdeen buying some supplies for "The baby." The clerk smiled as I came through her line and asked, "Your first child?" I said, "How did you know?" She said, "Because you're so happy that you're glowing." We had talked about motherhood, as she ran up my bill, and I felt so special. You see, I had never really felt like I belonged in any category of people. I was the only girl in my family; I was the only granddaughter; I was the only one in my family to graduate from collage......... However, when the clerk pointed out to me that soon I would be in a group of people called MOTHERS, somehow I was no longer alone. I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! and I still do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







Well, Cora's birthday was phenomenal. Our neighbor, Stacey, brought over her children whom Cora babysat for and it was wild around here. The children brought Cora a matchbox car and a cardboard book about babies. Stacey said that they had wrapped up other presents also but, when the markers had disappeared and she pointed out that they were wrapped up for Cora's birthday, it was decided that Cora didn't like markers after all and they were promptly unwrapped again. :)







Cora's brothers had made her a flower press out of some oak wood and had done wood burning on it so that was really awesome. I so love when people pour themselves into a gift for a loved one! I had taken Cora to pick out a new bed-in-a-bag last month so now her bedroom looks fresh and new. I also had ordered THE COMPLETE JEWISH BIBLE for Cora to study out of as her old King James is coming apart at the seams. I so love to read my Jewish Bible as the Hebrew name for Jesus, Yeshua, is used throughout. Also the Hebrew names are used for people and cities. It also puts things into context as Yeshua was Jewish and I know very little of the culture or the traditions of the Jewish people. I have learned much by realizing that God wasn't writing to Americans living in the 21st century. He wrote things to his Jewish disciples living in the first century. Many things are more clearly understood by realizing this.

Anyway, back to Cora's birthday. The main surprise for her was that her papa had decided to give Cora a new laptop for her birthday. I'll need Andrew to show me AGAIN how to attach the video as I'd like you to see her as she realized that it "Really is it? To put it mildly, Cora was pleasantly shocked with the gift. We all laughed because she shared that she was trying to figure out what would take some assembly as the boys spent the afternoon in their room, on the day of it's arival, getting it "Ready" for their sister. She had guessed that it was either a hoop skirt or a quilting frame. Sorry to disappoint you, dear Cora. :)




So it was a great day. I got overwhelmed at one point with the decibel level in here and excused myself to do cortices on my overstimulated brain. I did my best not to let my mother dampen my enthusiasm. I rebelled only once when she tried to guilt me into doing my "Family duty." I told her that I felt no duty to people who didn't care whether I lived or died in '06. When she said, "When are you ever going to get over that?" I, with a voice just a wee bit icy said, "We'll see what you think about it when you're on YOUR deathbed." End of subject. Cora had a fantastic birthday, so that's what matters the most.


Today was great for me as I have a new client who happens to be an old friend from Bismarck. She is REALLY intune with her body and LOVED BodyTalk. She had a great session and is planning to come to the BT clinic day in April in Bismarck. I wish I could put into words the thrill that I get when I do a session on someone and it "Makes sense" to them. When they're stressed at the mere mention of someone's name or a place or a time and, after I've balanced them to it, I can literally see the tension disappear. It is such a thrill as I ponder being able to help people diminish their stress levels!!!!! I think almost constantly about keeping my stress levels down as I recall the stress I felt as I gave myself shingles in '06. How I wish I had known then what I know now about lessening stress through BodyTalk. But then, I suppose I'd not have opened my mind to BT had I not suffered so. The hardest thing to open, you know, is a closed mind.

The hardest part for me at Cora's party was when I shared with mom how I had offered to help someone we know who got drug by his horses and has major wounds and a few broken bones. She put her arm around my shoulder and said, "Well Dawn, you did your part. You can't make people accept your help if they don't want it." The hypocrisy almost took my breath away. Who do I want to help to come to peace with themselves more than my parents? Why is it that she can see that as it applies to others and not to herself? This is a great mystery to me. Robert said that the answer to that question is a great big thing called DENIAL. Sure, denial can keep us alive during times of distress but to continue in this way your whole life is to cut yourself off from the very help you so desparately need. The Bible puts it this way, "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer." How frustrating it is to care so deeply for people who refuse to be helped!!!!! OH HELP ME TO KNOW HOW TO JUST LET THEM GO, DEAR LORD!!!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...