Thursday, August 5, 2010

We're home!

Jacob and I are extremely excited about our trip to Kelly Research Technologies this past week! The trouble is that when you are extremely excited for a whole week, and then you spend a day on airplanes or in airports, you get extremely TIRED. I am so amazed that neither one of us felt the least little bit of jet lag when we got down there. Why oh why are we both dragging something awful today then? Could it be that we're both just a little bit down because our trip is over?

I don't have the energy to go through the 499 pictures which came home with us right now. Actually Jacob asked me to do a BT session for him as he needs to be out working on moving hay all afternoon. However, I wanted to share at least one picture from our trip seeing as you have all been waiting patiently.

I actually was NOT patient when Andrew's laptop died on us down there the first night. We couldn't even send pictures home for the family to be able to keep up with our doings. Last night, then, Robert, Cora, and Andrew were eager to sit down and look at all of them with us as we reminisced.

At first I was upset down there that I couldn't blog on things as they happened, but then I came to understand that the Lord really wanted me to focus on spending LOTS of quality time with Jacob. I'm VERY glad now that I did that, as it was a life-changing experience for my son, as I watched him rub shoulders with some of the most brilliant minds that I have ever met.

We spent most of our time at Kelly Research Technologies which is built in the shape of a dome. We sat in class from 9:00 to 11:40; 1:00 to 4:30; and 6:00 to 9:30 on Sunday and Monday. Tuesday was the same except that there was no night class the last day. Here is the link to their website if you are interested in learning about the research that we learned how to do there: http://www.kellyresearchtech.com/

We drove "Home" to where we were staying at, "Tiger Creek Falls Inn" for our meals. Once we learned of the shortcut, it only took us 15 minutes to drive one way. We had stopped at a Sam's Club on the way up to the Inn and put in a stash of supplies which proved ample seeing as Jacob lost his appetite as soon as we got down there. I was a little worried about him not eating much, but his energy didn't wane, so I figured that he was just too excited to eat.

Later I will post some pictures of the Inn; and our flights, but now I need to get back to this mountain of laundry. Still, I just cannot leave you without at least sharing one picture of me enjoying my learning vacation.
Jacob had been wanting me to go down to the foot of this immense hill to see the "Big waterfall" ever since we got to the Inn. I kept putting it off, for one reason or another, until right before we left. I think now that it was so that we could spend our last glorious moments at the Inn in this gorgeous spot.

As usual, I was following him. When Jacob had gotten to this tree, he stopped and looked up at it. All of the trees were incredible around there. I said to Jacob, "Give it a hug," so he did. When I got down to it, I felt a strong impulse to do the same thing but there was no way that I could have gotten my arms all the way around it. I just leaned up against the tree then, with deep affection in my heart, while Jacob snapped this picture of me.
Well, I am hoping that soon I'll have more energy to post LOTS of pictures, but I am drooping today and the laundry is calling. Andrew gets to go away for the weekend. He's heading up to see his friends, the Bartlett family. I promised him that "We" would work on his laundry for him and, now that Cora is at work and the boys are working on hay, "We" has dwindled down to "Me." :) I'd best get to it.

I hope that this short post will help you to see how much Jacob and I loved our trip to Georgia. We learned much that will help our health; the health of our farm; and all who are open to this incredible form of natural healing.

Glad to be home,

Dawn

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

So glad you had a good trip. I can't wait to hear more and see more pictures. Thank you for taking the time to post. I missed you!

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...