Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tiger Creek Falls Inn at last

We're in the middle of harvest here, and things are VERY busy, so I will only say a few words about each picture.

After we hugged Gloria B, who owns the Inn along with her husband Larry B, who seemed like a long-lost friend, we registered after she showed us her prize suite #8. She said, "Do you like it?" a little bit nervously, but we reassured her that we LOVED the rooms AND the great outdoors all around them.

We had stopped at a Sam's club along the way to lay in a "Load of provisions" for the week, so we carried everything inside and put the food in the freezer/refrigerator. After putting a frozen pizza in the oven for our Sabbath feast, neither Jacob nor I could resist exploring our new home a second longer. I'll share the outdoors pictures first and save the inside ones for the next post.

Looking up into the massive trees which smelled oh-so-Heavenly. Once again, my flash was unknowingly turned off so the pictures are fuzzed, but they'll be better soon.

"Let's go down to look at the waterfalls, Mom!" Yes, lets. Of course, down was the easy way. Keep in mind that at this time I'd been awake, and stressed out, for about 17 hours. This was taken at the half way point down the loooooooong decline.

At the bottom we found a beautiful porch swing just perfect for weary travelers! The air here was so cool, as the water sprayed up from the small falls just 10 feet away from here.

Of course, my boy couldn't resist sitting on the railing and getting as close as possible. Actually, you could get close enough to walk in the shallow area ahead of the falls, but that involved a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG hike the other way around. This was good enough for me at that time.

When I finally made it back up those steps, I collapsed in the nearest rocking chair although this wasn't by "Our" house.

You can't even tell any wear and tear on Jacob, can you?

Right outside our window was this cool playground which came in handy later in the week when we hosted a deck party for a family we'd met in the class.

The only real frustration there was that cell phone coverage was sporadic way down at the bottom of our hill. This was one place that I found I could reach out and guess who I was talking to. :)

This was our sweet, little domicile for 6 days while we were away from our precious farm. Gloria had told me on the phone that she was going to give me her "Best rooms," as Jacob needed his own room and bath and so did I. It was oh so lovely there!!!!

Right above our door was a welcome sign. You have to look closely to see that it's a bear with a fishing line--he was successful too!

Well, there are peaches, apples, green beans, laundry, and clients all calling my name so I really must go. Watch for pictures of the inside of our sweet home away from home.
Hugs from home,
Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...