Saturday, January 1, 2011

Safely Snubbed

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

We've been living in a blizzard for the past 3 days and it's certainly been a Winter Wonderland--you wonder where the land is! Last night I couldn't see the house from the goat barn, so I was VERY thankful for our yard light and Jacob's good eyes beside me.

Now it looks as though it has blown itself out, which is wonderful! We've got plans to spend the day with our friends, the Keister family who live an hour's drive away from us. I was positive last night, when I headed for bed, that we'd have to postpone our plans but now I have hope that we may go yet. Robert is out pushing snow with the tractor so that we can get the van out the driveway, but it does make me wonder what the roads are like in between us and Keisters.

I've been saving a story to share with you. It happened this past week, but I thought it would be a great way to start a new year for all of you. I've decided to call it, "Safely snubbed."

Some of you know that most of my friends rejected my in 2007 when God chose to heal me through BodyTalk. I understand that BodyTalk is new, and that people are suspicious of new things. However I comfort myself with the words of my naturopathic doctor, "Don't they know that, with your character, you'd never do something bad?"

Anyway, to make a long story short, this issue resurfaced again here lately. When I was in TL's office having a BodyTalk session last week, she blessed me so much. When the last half of my session focused on this issue of my friends rejecting me for becoming a BodyTalk practitioner, she was led to ask me some questions.

"Do you think that that there is ever a time when God does not feel safe?" asked TL.

After very little thought I answered, "No."

"Do you think that there is ever a time when God has abandoned you?"

"NO!"

"So do you think that there has ever been a time when YOU were not truly safe--no matter what anybody did to your body, your spirit, OR your mind?" She asked this knowing full well my life's history of the abuses that others have inflicted upon me.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Wisely, TL let that seep into my being as she finished the session. Slowly, in the days that followed, I came to see that she was right!

After all, I AM still alive! After all, I AM still a Christian! After all, I AM still able to enjoy my country; my farm; my work; and most of all--my family! WOW--God REALLY HAS KEPT ME SAFE THROUGH IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then came the test--had it REALLY sunk into my being? I got a phone call which, I must admit, is the most strange phone call I have ever received in my entire life. Afterwards I did see it as a test, though, and I am happy to say that I PASSED THE TEST!!!!!!!

You see, there is this family whom we have tried to get close to for decades. Always we were made to understand that we were second class citizens for a variety of unknown reasons. I'm sure that everyone has experienced that feeling. They see you coming and their noses go straight up in the air; they turn away from you; and change the subject if you are so dense as to not realize that you were not welcome to join any group where THEY were present.

Recently I had another unpleasant experience with this family but I did NOT accept the self-hatred that usually would follow an incident of this type. It was a great breakthrough, as children of abuse usually carry the shame of the entire family (world) in their little bodies. This time, however, I came out of the other side of a potentially hurtful experience with my self-esteem intact. Wow--I was truly proud of myself--and still am no matter what others may say or think!

So, as you begin your new year dear friends, I urge you to ponder this concept, "Safely snubbed!"

When you are in fellowship with God, and are doing His work every moment of your life, does it REALLY matter what other people think of you?

Does it really matter that other people, who aren't walking in your shoes, judge you for things which they couldn't even begin to understand?

Does it REALLY matter if fellow Christians have a lower standard of compassion for the world than you, who suffered much at the hands of the world, do?

Does it REALLY matter if they are jealous of you, and what you have accomplished with your life, through constant obedience to the King?

Does it REALLY matter when mere mortals (even your "Friends") snub you when you commune with GOD daily?

NO--IT DOES NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My prayer for each one of my readers in 2011, then, is to be so in fellowship with God that the opinions of other fellow travelers is of little consequence. If one offers you praise, may you lift your hands towards Heaven and say, "Praise God who has done this great thing through my weak being." If one offers you insults, may you lift your hands towards Heaven and say, "Praise God who loves me even though earthly beings despise me." Either way, praising God is the way to true happiness PLUS this opens the door to closer fellowship and knowing Him even better.

WHAT COULD BE A FINER GOAL FOR 20011 THAN THAT?

May each one of you be SAFELY snubbed, if snubbing MUST come into your life, as you carry out the work that the King has for you to do in the year of our Lord, 2011!!!

Here's to the King of peace!

Dawn

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

"If one offers you praise, may you lift your hands towards Heaven and say, "Praise God who has done this great thing through my weak being." If one offers you insults, may you lift your hands towards Heaven and say, "Praise God who loves me even though earthly beings despise me." Either way, praising God is the way to true happiness PLUS this opens the door to closer fellowship and knowing Him even better."

Great words! And AMEN!

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...