Thursday, July 5, 2012

Obey or cower in fear?

I had a big decision to make this morning.  The Lord has paved the way for me to take a class this weekend that I have not ever given much thought to taking.  I know that Elizabeth has spoken often of how she uses the information that she learned in this class to help solve probelms in her life EVERY day.  I don't know, maybe I LIKE living with my unsolved problems??????????

Then, when I checked into my finances, I found them to be sadly lacking for me to afford this class at this time.  Several clients owe me rather large amounts of money and I am more likely to give away my services to folks who can't afford them than to pursue folks who CAN.  Maybe I still have some "Lack" philosophy hanging around????????????????????

Anyway, I became assured that God truly DOES want me to take this class.  However, I have adopted Elizabeth's policy of not taking a class if the money isn't available to take it.  So, what to do?  Pray on my knees one more time for wisdom and for peace not to take the class.  After no peace came in this category, a new thought popped into my head.

"I know, I'll call Robert and ask his opinion," and I dialed his number.

"HMM," he said, "well, I can make the CP (car) payment this month if that will help."

I thought, "Every little bit helps," and went to check out my account balance. 

Then I decided to check if there is still room in the class so I called the class coordinator.  "Yes," she said, "there's still room."  Rosalie then talked me through the steps of registering at the last minute which, a year ago, I would have thought of as unthinkable.

I asked Jacob if he can cover me until I get paid and he said, "YES" and so I registered with still a small amount of trepidation as I do NOT like owing people money--even my own son.  However, ALL doubts faded when God had me read Pastor Prince's meditation on success.

Now, I love Pastor Prince's grace meditation and usually will not get out of bed in the morning without reading it on my iPod.  However, his success meditation rarely gets read as some part of me still seems disinterested in success.  It's taken a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to stop thinking of myself as a loser in life--or even to have the desire to do so. ):

 With all of that said, I will share the words that showed me that it would be rebellion against God not to take the class for fear of lack of finances!  It's a fine line here, I know, but I am seeing that God's provision IS always there for me!!!  My constant insistence on looking for lack has kept me from grasping many an opportunity for personal growth which translates into my being unable to help more people. 

Oh God, please forgive me for this in the past and thank you for helping me work through this all this morning and GOD BLESS PASTOR PRINCE!  Please ponder these words today with me and may they bless you as they have me today!!!

I'm off for Canada tomorrow morning.  I covet all of your prayers for God to protect me as I travel and to learn all that He has for me to grasp both for my sake and for the sake of all my clients.  I pray that He richly blesses all of you who cover me with your prayers.  I LOVE YOU ALL!

Dawn

Meditate On


Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Don’t Let Fear Rob You Of Your Inheritance




Moses sent 12 spies into the promised land that God wanted the Israelites to inherit. Two of them, Joshua and Caleb, came back with a good report of the land, saying, “The land we passed through to spy out is an exceedingly good land…‘a land which flows with milk and honey.’ Only do not rebel against the Lord, nor fear the people of the land, for they are our bread; their protection has departed from them, and the Lord is with us. Do not fear them” (Numbers 14:7–9).

However, the other 10 spies gave a bad report, saying, “We are not able to go up against the people, for they are stronger than we…There we saw the giants…and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight” (Numbers 13:31–33).

All 12 of them saw the same land, the same giants, but what a stark contrast in their reports! Joshua and Caleb had a different spirit—a spirit of faith (Numbers 14:24). They focused on the promises and goodness of God. But the rest cowered in fear and saw only the giants. And the fear paralyzed them!

My friend, today, no matter how dire your circumstances may appear, choose to focus on God’s goodness. Choose to meditate on how Christ has paid the price for you to enjoy God’s unmerited favor, peace, protection and provision. That’s how fear will not paralyze you. That’s how you experience God’s faithfulness and walk in His blessings!



1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Wow! Amazing how God worked it out for you to go. I love the devotional. Love you!

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...