Monday, July 9, 2012

I just can't take it today!

My other post about the weekend was the positive aspects.  Truthfully I've been going crazy all weekend.  My sister in law has known for several weeks that she was facing open heart surgery.  Immediately I offered her a free session to help her through the surgery.  Actually I offered her a free session last Winter when she wasn't feeling the best also.  BOTH WERE REFUSED.

I've been talking to my brother all weekend and it's not a pretty picture.  LV died twice during the 7 1/2 hour surgery.  They had to go in and do another surgery today.

In my frustration on the phone a few minutes ago, I said to my brother, "Oh, I wish that she would let me work on her."

He said, "Yeah well, if the doctors can't help her, I'm sure that YOU can't."

Then I got mad and I sad, "Four doctors couldn't help me when I was dying.  Besides, doctors don't know about health--just about sickness."

Then he said, "OK- goodbye" and hung up. 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  The frustration of being able to help people and being kept from it because of stupid ignorance--it's unbearable at times!!!!!!!!!! 

Well, I intend to keep my promise to myself.  I vowed to me that I will never go to the funeral of someone that I offered to help but was forbidden to do so.  I can refuse too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please pray for me now as I helplessly sit here and wait for the only person that my brother has ever loved to die!

Dawn

1 comment:

Carra said...

Hey Dawn, :)
I haven't written often... but I saw your post on your daughter's side bar. I've been blessed in many ways by your special family... I was just praying about this, and the Lord touched me I think, to share with you what He's shown me. :)
I do pray you don't mind...

I know many people don't believe the same ways we do... and even though they don't agree... sometimes what we focus on the most is how we feel... refusing to love, because of our pain.

See... I just was praying about it, and thinking, what if the Lord's ultimate purpose in you knowing this, your sister in law, is not so that you can help her... not physically. But so that you can show her just Jesus?
And if not for her... perhaps your brother. Maybe he would expect you to be angered... and if you showed him love...he could show love too?

I don't know. :) No one knows another person's situation...
But sometimes sharing what we want to share isn't what we should.
Sometimes it's love.

with love in Christ, a friend
Carra

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...