Saturday, July 8, 2017

Sabbath worship

HAPPY SABBATH EVERYONE!!

I find myself alone this Sabbath morning which is certainly a rare occurrence for me.  In the past, I haven't enjoyed being alone, but I've become better company as I've dealt with the pain of my childhood for nearly 3 decades.

Recovery is a journey.  That used to be discouraging to me.  I used to think of that concept as TERRIBLE.  I want to be well and I want it NOW!!

I used to dream of a mythical time when I would no longer hurt from incest!  I thought that it was like putting a puzzle together.  I reasoned that once I had found all of the needed tools, I would somehow no longer be torn apart inside when I hear of children being sexually abused.

I imagined that there was a way for me to become a stronger person.  This mythical person would not be affected by children with faces like mine was--blank, empty, hopeless.  Now I can see that God was strengthening me to be able to help those who suffered as I did--not forget about them!!!

Still, those faces from far away places where I can't go, get to me.  That's why I support the work of the ACLJ.  This world wide Christian organization is helping to free women and children who are caught in cultures who believe that abuse is normal.  IT IS NOT!!!!

Being I work with abused women every week, sometimes it gets me down.  When I see how "JUST ONE" rape can totally cripple a woman her entire life, I feel like I am bailing water out of the sinking Titanic with a thimble.  I certainly want to do more to help but I am only one person--one person with MS nearing 60!  When I get to thinking this way, I hurt even MORE!!!

The good news is that I have learned how to restore myself during the weekly Sabbath rest!! God gave mankind the weekly rest on the 7th day of the week at creation.  I am 100% positive that the only escape for me from being overwhelmed at all of the evil in this world is by resting at the end of every week!!  God blessed the 7th day as a day of rest for all people and I JUST LOVE IT!!

Not only is the Sabbath about resting from my labors but it is about worshipping the Creator of all and the giver of the Sabbath.  When I think of how God has blessed mankind with such a beautiful place to live, I run straight into the arms of Jesus and worship Him and His father! 

When I worship God, I am STRONG!!  When I come into His presence, all hopelessness and weakness flees!!  Somehow His strength seeps into me.  In a way that I cannot explain, worshipping God frees me from all hatred of child molesters.  Mysteriously, when I worship God, I can even accept myself--that ugly little raped child!

So on this beautiful Summer Sabbath morning, when I found myself alone in the house, I sought to worship my God--the Father; the Son; the Holy Spirit.  So, I went to YouTube and typed in "Sabbath worship music" and look what I found!!

Would you like to join me as I watch this again?  Would you like to have your burdens lifted too?  Would you like to experience the immense love that God has for you?  It all begins with worshipping the Creator who made us each so unique and each so special to Him!

LOTS OF LOVE,

Dawn


No comments:

Bailey is HERE!!!

  WE HAVE A DOG!!!  YAY.  Her name is Bailey and she's 3 years old.  She's a Yellow Labrador Retriever and we're in love already...