Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A Summer poem

                            Summer Lovin’ ~

Summer Lovin by Cameron Fries Creation Swap
Give me the sun on the hazy horizon,
the sherbet color morning sky above
give me a clear cloudless day
then you’ll know ~ why God I love.
 
Give me the shade of the golden willow,
the Good Book for me to read
give me something refreshing to drink in
and I’ll have close ~ to all I need.
 
Give me a creek’s memorizing humming,
chirps coming from a robin’s nest
give me a green pasture with my Lord
well ~ you can picture the rest.
 
Give me the sounds of children playing,
the laughs and giggles of youth
give me the peace of a summer’s sigh
when God reveals to me ~ another truth.
 
Give me the soft breeze of the ocean,
as I watch the sun paint its dazzling set
give me a cool night in the moonlight
and I’ll be as close to heaven ~ as I can get.
 
Give me a day in the radiant Son shine,
let me bask in God’s glorious love
give me a summer day to spend reflecting
on all the splendor ~ He sends from above!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...