Friday, November 24, 2017

A scary ending

Please keep my mother-in-law in your prayers.  We had a delightful day together yesterday working in the kitchen preparing Thanksgiving feast for our family.  In the middle of the night she had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital where she stayed as a heart patient.  She has no history of heart problems that I am aware of!!!
 
As I ponder how quickly life can change, I have to gasp how my selfishness has kept me from truly enjoying my mother-in-law in the past.  Her 8th grade education next to my collage one kept us from connecting.  Perhaps it was her insecurities about not going on to high school, which she shared with  me over the Thanksgiving Holiday.  Perhaps I was arrogant that my English was perfect? 

The point that I'm trying to make is that we never truly know someone else's story.  We don't know what was going on at the time that major life decisions were being made.  We have no right to value ourselves above others because of opportunities that we had that they did not.  I'm preaching to MYSELF here!
 
Anyway, the day that she and I had yesterday is a treasure for me!  I'm not sure how many more we'll have together.  It was terrifying to spend the whole day feasting; playing games; watching a movie; and singing around my new piano with a perfectly healthy mother-in-law.  Three hours later to see her breathing with difficulty and having chest pains..............
 
PLEASE PRAY FOR HER!!  Yesterday I called her, "Mother," and she smiled.  She's waited a long time to hear that!  I'm praying that she hears it many more times in the future!
 
I know that this poem is late but we were so busy cooking as we hosted the family here.  Still, it says what I am feeling right now.  I hope that you enjoy it too.  Also, I hope that you will enjoy this photo that Cora took recently of my mother-in-law holding my 2 grand babies.
 
Dawn
 

Thanksgiving's Coming

Over the river and through the woods
Thanksgiving's coming just as it should
The day to be thankful for the year
And for all the blessings that we hold dear

Time for families to get together
No matter what the weather
Mom and dad, sisters and brothers
Time to show we love one another

Grandma and grandpa and all the kids
Aunts and uncles and cousins amid
All the confusion and fun of the day
And lots of food in the midst of disarray

Sweet memories we make as the years pass by
We think of loved ones who've gone to God on high
The circle of life which is so very dear
As our family changes and grows each year

This is a special day we should all thank God
For the abundant blessings of the life we trod
Thank Him for the family you hold so dear
And that within your heart you can always feel them near

Thank Him for the laughter and tears you've shed
Thank Him for His daily provision of bread
Thank Him for living in this country that's free
And for the freedom to worship Him spiritually

Most of all thank Him for Jesus Christ His son
And that He loved you so much His father's will was done
Thank Him for the very life He has given to you
And pray that your life will glorify Him in all that you do

Over the river and through the woods
Thanksgiving's coming just as it should
But remember to thank Him every day of the year
For all the many blessings that to you are so dear!

 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...