Monday, November 13, 2017

November blues

       It's been a rough week for me.  The weather got cold way too fast and our walkway remains 75% completed with snow filling in the cracks where the pavers should be.  I'm not sure why little things like that get me down in a big way.  It's just that too many unfinished projects leave me feeling like a failure.   );
 
       At this very moment I should be folding last week's laundry; finishing yesterday's dishes; saucing last month's apples; ordering our family Thanksgiving cards (which I've been trying to do for over a week with computer problems preventing it) or writing a birthday post about my 2 son's November birthdays.  All of these I wouldn't mind doing IF I could just figure out where to start AND have the strength to accomplish God's purposes for this day!!!
 
      When all else fails, WRITE!!  Unless you're a writer, you cannot imagine how writing can be therapeutic.  It's like AT LEAST I CAN BE DOING SOMETHING USEFUL!  Some may argue that writing isn't useful for making money--not yet anyway.  However, I'm not paying to see a therapist in order to get rid of pent-up frustrations, so it's saving money, and that's as good as making it or better.
 
       All that to say that I am not going to be able to do a nice, long birthday parties post at the moment.  Hopefully I'll be able to get to that later in the week................  So what do I write here that would be something that anybody would want to read?  Poetry of course.
 
       I went in search of November poems and found this one.  I had been wanting to write something for Veterans Day so this will have to suffice.  It's not directly about Veterans but, if one reads it with that in mind, it's there. 
 
       My prayer today for myself; my family; my country; and the entire planet is that we would all come before God with gratitude for those who gave their lives so that we can be free!!!  We have no idea how much they suffered so that we may know liberty!
 
       God bless you all as you do what is right in serving our loving Heavenly Father at all costs!  In this way, we are just like the heroes mentioned in this poem.
 
      Dawn
 
 
Lift Every Voice and Sing
 
 
 
 
Lift every voice and sing  
 
Till earth and heaven ring,
 
Ring with the harmonies of Liberty;
 
Let our rejoicing rise
 
High as the listening skies,
 
Let it resound loud as the rolling sea.
 
Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us,
 
Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us.  
 
Facing the rising sun of our new day begun,
 
Let us march on till victory is won.
 


Stony the road we trod,
   
Bitter the chastening rod,
 
Felt in the days when hope unborn had died;
  
Yet with a steady beat,
 
Have not our weary feet
 
Come to the place for which our fathers sighed?
 
We have come over a way that with tears has been watered,
 
We have come, treading our path through the blood of the slaughtered,
 
Out from the gloomy past, 
 
Till now we stand at last
 
Where the white gleam of our bright star is cast.

 

God of our weary years,
 
God of our silent tears,
 
Thou who hast brought us thus far on the way;
 
Thou who hast by Thy might 
 
Led us into the light,
 
Keep us forever in the path, we pray.
 
Lest our feet stray from the places, our God, where we met Thee,
 
Lest, our hearts drunk with the wine of the world, we forget Thee;
 
Shadowed beneath Thy hand,
 
May we forever stand.
 
True to our God,
 
True to our native land.

No comments:

Are you Ready to Reign?

 Hi everyone,   It's getting busy here as Winter has officially ended!!  YAY  When the temps reach the upper 60s and lower 70s, I would ...