Friday, November 17, 2017

He gets it

Sabbat Shalom everyone!
 
As I prepare for Sabbath, often I am discouraged with all that I failed to accomplish during the work week.  Often I am frustrated with how little I was able to do for my Lord.  Mostly I'm disgusted with my body for not being able to perform the way that it did 30 or 40 years ago. 
 
 How does this really help anything?  I know better and yet my heart keeps wanting me to do more for the Lord than my body is able to do. 

This morning the Father really touched me with Pastor Prince's devotional!  It's ok that I'm an earthen vessel.  He KNOWS that I am an earthen vessel.  He gets that I can only do so much in a day to serve Him.  You know what this said to me, "IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU, DAWN!"
 
I hope that you will be as blessed as I am as I ponder these concepts today--on Preparation Day.  I can only do so much with the rest of this day BUT my heart can sing praises to God who keeps me alive!  The oil of gladness can pour from my heart into those who are hurting more than I am!!  May it be so!
 
Hugs everyone,

Dawn
 
 
NOVEMBER 17 -
CHRIST IS THE TREASURE IN YOU

The verse tells us that we have “this treasure” in earthen vessels. Who is the treasure? Christ! Who are the earthen vessels here? You and I! Thank God the treasure is in the earthen vessels.
 
My friend, Christ the treasure is in you. So don’t get frustrated when you see your “earthiness”. You will always be “earthen” as long as you are in your mortal body, but remember that Christ the treasure is in you.
 
Should you lose your cool with your spouse or children, remember that Christ in you is your patience. When I feel impatient, I don’t pray, “Lord Jesus, give me patience...now!” No, I look to Jesus and I say, “Lord Jesus, I thank You that You are my patience.”
 
In my younger days and even when I first got married, I had a bad temper. I tried all sorts of anger management techniques, but I never got very far until I told God, “God, I am so frustrated trying to overcome my anger. I give up! I cannot. You can. I rest and depend on You.” Not too long after that, my wife commented, “You know, you have improved in the area of your temper.”
 
I thought about what she had said and realized that I was not even conscious of the change in me. When family members can see the patience of Christ manifesting through a naturally impatient person, God gets the glory.
 
Perhaps you are frustrated with your smoking and drinking habits. Or maybe you are discouraged by your feelings of jealousy, distrust, bitterness, depression and defeat. Don’t condemn yourself for being earthen. Don’t try to “cast out” your earthiness. Just realize that you have Christ the treasure in you.
 
The more you see that treasure in you, the more Christ’s brilliance shines forth in you. And in the midst of your earthiness, God gets the glory as you yourself are transformed from glory to glory! (2 Corinthians 3:18)

No comments:

Bailey is HERE!!!

  WE HAVE A DOG!!!  YAY.  Her name is Bailey and she's 3 years old.  She's a Yellow Labrador Retriever and we're in love already...