Friday, November 30, 2018

Where's your Instant Pot?



 
Hi everyone,
 
I am soooo eager to share with you about the results of my doing Splankna for ONE WHOLE MONTH!  However, that could take awhile and I have lots to do today.  Perhaps I'll be able to do that tomorrow on my day of rest.
 
I can share that I owe Splankna Therapy a big thanks for helping me conquer my fears of my Instant Pot.  I bought the Instant Pot a few months ago but promptly put it in storage under my island.  I even understood why I put it out of sight. 
 
You see, when I was growing up, my mother was learning to cook with a pressure canner.  She told me about the cautions she was given when she bought her pressure canner.  I'm not talking about the cautions mentioned in the manual that came along with her purchase.  I'm talking about the horror stories passed around between housewives about pressure canners BLOWING UP!!!
 
I'm uncertain as to how I worked up the courage to buy an Instant pot in the first place.  How can we ever understand ourselves??   I know that I've been wanting a friend in the kitchen ever since my daughter got married.  lol 
 
So I've been watching videos on You Tube on how to use an Instant Pot to make marvelous food full of nutrition very quickly.  I kept watching videos and dreaming of the day when I'd have enough courage to drag my unit out from under the island. 
 
One night, earlier this week, the day was so full that I didn't realize that it was way past the time to begin preparing the steak I had laid out for supper.  "THIS IS IT," I said to myself and out came the Instant Pot. 

I watched several interesting videos and decided on the one the mom of 4 had made.  I wrote down the steps and 45 minutes later I served my guys tender, juicy steak with gravy that I made in the Instant Pot.  Nothing blew up but my fears.  Now my Instant Pot has taken it's rightful place on the counter between my coffee maker and my Bosch!!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
So, how can I credit Splankna for this success?  Well, if you read the post just previous to this one, you will have learned about collar bone statements and how to use them to reduce fears that hold us back in life.  If you haven't seen it yet, it's amazing how this works, and I urge you to watch it.
 
Now, I don't recall ever doing a Collarbone Statement to clear my fears of learning how to use my pressure cooker.  However, I've been doing them regularly now--like 2 - 5 a day.  Somewhere in all of that clearing out of old junk, I shed whatever was keeping me afraid to use my Instant Pot.  How do you like THAT for a side effect?
 
So, today I'm going to make yogurt in my Instant Pot.  How do I know?  Because I made up my mind to learn and I went in search of a video to teach me.  This one is GREAT!!!  I'll share a photo of my yogurt when it's finished!!   So, if you like me, have an Instant Pot under your island doing nothing, I urge you to do a collar bone statement to help you get over the fears and get to cooking!!  YUMMM!
 
Happy Preparation Day everyone!

Dawn
 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...