Sunday, July 28, 2019

Best day of Summer 2019--so far!

Many thanks to our menfolks for getting everything ready for a fun day at the lake.  Thanks to Robert, Andrew, and Michael for getting the boat and 2 jet skies ready for water and pulling them there.  So many times I am reminded of how blessed I am to have men in my life who do these things for us!!  Thanks especially for backing the pickups into the water to unload and load the equipment.  That part truly terrifies me!!

It was wonderful to have Cora and her family here this weekend.  We hosted supper here Friday night and everyone talked very late.  Then I drove Michael, Cora, Elsie, and Christina to church as it was 4th Sabbath at Alfred which is always a treat.  The 60 miles flew by as we got caught up with each other's news.

When we got home, we quickly changed out of our church clothes and off to the lake we went.  This is one of my favorite photos.

Here's another.  Elsie and Timothy are 20 days apart and have loved each other all their lives.  ;)

This one's great too.  Robert and Timothy are up front in Michael and Cora's new boat.  All the better to see the whales with.  ;)

Andrew kept us amazed as he whipped around the boat at break neck speeds--any way I would have broken my neck had I been doing that.  lol  Marie is a natural photographer and caught this one of her husband as our boat sped forward.  WOW--what a great shot!!

HEEERRREEE'S Michael as he chauffeured us around Lake McKenna.



After our exciting boat ride I got to play with my grandchildren.  Here's Cora and her sweet Littles--both of hers and her nephew, Timothy, as I pulled them around the shallow end of the lake in luxury.  She liked things a little slower than the menfolks who took out a knee board and mastered it in no time--although Marie did have to find a video on Youtube on how to get started.  Aren't we high-tech?  ;)

This may be my favorite photo of the day.  Even though a fish like me married a land lover like Robert, he always finds a way to be a blessing to our family!! Without getting a drop of water on him, he found ways to fill the gaps.  Christina loves her Grandpa soo much! She quiets down the moment he takes her!!! Isn't this photo priceless?


My favorite part WAS getting wet--YAY WATER!!!  Marie and I wadded with Elsie and Timothy for awhile and did it ever feel good on such a hot day.  Thanks for not minding (not noticeably anyway) when I splashed you just a tiny bit, Marie.  ;)


We had a marvelous day together which left us all windswept and happy.  It's a day that I'll treasure for a very long time.  It's a demonstration of what can happen when everyone does a little bit to make it special for everyone else.  I love you all so very much!!

PS.  My son, Jacob, is so not a water person but I understand--whipping up the road at 100 miles per hour on a 4 wheeler is not for me.  :)  Well, ok, only 40.

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...