Friday, September 27, 2019

Care to join me?

DCIM100MEDIADJI_0030.JPG

This is our church.  It went through a split last year because a dynamic speaker pulled away half of it's members.  What were they arguing about?  Whether or not Jesus is the son of God.  Our pastor rightly teaches that Jesus is the son of God.  The people who left were all wrapped up in emotion and left in anger.  So be it!  What's there to debate?  Jesus is the son of God--the third person of the Trinity!

I was reading in my Bible this week about when Paul was warning the early church that deceivers would come in and try to pull the early Christians away from Jesus's finished work on the cross.  Why do we do that?  We do we think that anything we do could possibly top our perfect Lord dying for us?

Tomorrow at our church we'll be celebrating HARVEST OF THANKS.  It's the highlight of the church year for many of us.  I was working on a piano solo but then I sprained my finger a few weeks ago and my hand has been too sore to practice.  I'm pondering singing something now.

So I'm writing to invite you all to join me by listening to the live stream.  I'm not sure if the afternoon service will be streamed or not but I sure hope so.  Here's the schedule for the day  We have a special speaker in the morning and then a mammoth lunch is served.  The best part for a music lover like me is the afternoon service.

Everyone is welcome to come and share no more than 2 songs.  We've sat there until nearly 5:00, before the church split, listening to folks praising the Lord with their songs and poetry.  One year the children and I did a puppet skit in honor of the event.  Another year we recited from memory a rather long poem about Autumn.  Almost every year I either sang or played something to the glory of God.

The most amazing memory I have is when BJ would play for the very last song of the day an Alfred favorite.  People all joined their voices and sang "Well, I woke up this morning feeling fine...."

Then our church serves an evening meal and there is a time of games and visiting in the evening.  It's a jam packed day and, when you add in 2 hours for travel, it's quite exhausting!!   The memories of all of the music praising God, though, carries me through for weeks.

Here's the link to the church's website and you can find the livestream link there:  The service begins at 10:30 tomorrow.   http://www.churchofgodalfred.com/  I hope you'll join me for a day of worship and fellowship not often seen today--it's real!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of love,

Dawn

PS  Here's a taste of everyone at Alfred on HARVEST OF THANKS.  WOO HOO!

 

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...