Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Have you heard?

Robert and I were shocked last night to hear the news that one of our unmarried nieces had given birth to a healthy baby girl yesterday afternoon.  Nobody in her extended family had any idea that she was pregnant and suddenly she's a mother in our minds.  WOW

This got me thinking of the life of a single mom as that is the life of our niece now.  I guess it's a byproduct of distance families that a woman can go through 9 months of pregnancy without people knowing a thing about it.  We still wouldn't know about the baby if it weren't for Facebook. 

It makes me sad that families are so out of touch with each other nowadays!  Now it makes me sad for this little child who probably won't ever get to know us even though she lives less than 200 miles away!  I am glad that she's alive!!  Don't get me wrong but today I'm thinking about the life of our niece who is now a single mom.

This sent me in search of information on how we can help her.  I found this video and decided to watch it and, of course, share it with you.  How do you help someone who didn't even feel comfortable to tell us about her arriving baby?

Well, perhaps we'll find some answers here.  May God bless all single moms!! May God turn the hearts of the fathers towards their children as His word says.  May this little girl, Ezrie, have the love of both dad and mom and both sets of grandparents and all her aunts, uncles, and cousins and many friends and neighbors.  Amen?

Let's reach out to all parents around us and be the support that they need as they raise their children in an un-child-friendly culture!  God bless the little ones!!

Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...