Monday, September 9, 2019

It's possible!!!

Where we live it is normally very dry.  In fact, moments after we bought our farm, the former owner told Robert and I, "We only have a drought here every other year."  Our hearts sank.  What a way to congratulate us on the purchase of our very own farm!!  );

That prediction was accurate and during the second drought I became deathly ill.  I've often wondered how much his cursing us in that way played a role in my severe illness which lasted over a year.  It's name is "Shingles on the brain."

I'm not going to go into my recovery from that terrible disease.  That's not what I am sharing with you all today.  I'm writing to say that the opposite has been the case the past few years.  The rain is very welcome in the early stages of our crop's growth.  However, the crop has been ready to combine for over a month already and still it continues to rain.

Many of us have prayed for the rains to stop so that harvest can resume or begin for some of my friends around here.  My guys just mentioned, on their way out the door to work, that rain is in the forecast all week long!  My heart sank for the opposite reason--from no rain to too much rain!!

During my prayer time I felt convicted to pray against rain all this week.  It's such a foreign concept for me having grown up in drought areas and continue living in one.  I know that floods are too much rain and I've seen photos of the terrible flooding in Nebraska this Spring.  Can we here in the Dakotas have too much rain?

YES, the farmer's grain is getting diseases from the steady cold damp weather we've been having.  Further, if this continues much longer, the seeds begin to sprout in the field and they are totally ruined then.  This means that the farmer gets NOTHING for his work that year.  );;;;;;;;;;;

So, I wondered if someone had been successful in stopping the rain.  I found this video which is exactly the inspiration I've been needing to try.  Will you join with me to pray for the rains in the upper Midwest to stop until after the harvest is completed?  I would truly appreciate it!

God bless you all,

Dawn


No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...