Sunday, June 28, 2020

Rainy thoughts

Dear friends,

Will you please pray that God will open up the Heavens and shower our crops with rain?  PLEASE!!

Robert and Jacob went to look at our crops yesterday and they were quite pleased.  The corn is nearly up to the guy's hips.  I don't know if you've ever heard the expression, "Knee high by the 4th?"  Well, ours is above that so it is off to a good start.

HOWEVER, the temperatures are above normal for June and this is the driest year in North Dakota history.  The plants are already showing signs of stress from the strong winds and high temps we've been having.  We simply must have rain soon or we will end up with no crops at all this year.

As I pondered this dire news over lunch today, I realized that I have to get my thinking straight.  That's when I went in search of this song.  I know that I can't make God send rain.  I know that my guys are right about circumstances as they appear to be at this time.  However, I also know that faith is believing you will get what you need before you get it.

With great faith then, I switch my thinking to this song.  May it bless you, too, if you are unusually dry where you live.

Have a great week,

Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...