Sunday, July 30, 2023

What am I doing WRONG???

 Good morning everyone,

  We've gotten 2 showers in the early morning hours these past few days.  It is TOTAL BLISS to wake up to rain gently falling on the roof when the crops are so desperately needing rain.  I praise the Lord for this HUUUUUUGGGE blessing!!!  We got .15 on Friday morning and nobody has been out to check the rain guage yet this morning but it must be at least that much again.  

 

 I think I may have mentioned here a time or two that I am following the program called EAT STOP EAT.  You eat nothing after 8:00 PM until 12:00 PM the following day.  I drink water but, if I am weak, I will have a little protein powder with it.  

  In order to keep the body from thinking it's starving, you then eat a meal at noon and another one at supper.  There are no requirements except to avoid foods that you're allergic to.  The mind has to be free to eat those 2 meals until the body is full or it will shift the body into starvation mode and weight loss becomes impossible.  You will find, though, that after fasting that long every day the stomach is much smaller and the meals are smaller too.  

  Eating like this the past 2 years has brought many wonderful health changes to my life but, alas, weigh loss has not been one of them.  That's why I keep thinking I must be missing something.  My wonderful daughter may have supplied the needed information when she mentioned the book "Fast like a Girl."  Apparently, females need additional information in order to receive ALL of the benefits of fasting.  I urge you female readers to check out the book here.

Amazon.com: Fast Like a Girl: A Woman's Guide to Using the Healing Power of Fasting to Burn Fat, Boost Energy, and Balance Hormones: 9781401969929: Pelz, Dr. Mindy: Books

  In the meantime, Cora sent me to the author's videos on YouTube.  This one is full of helpful information that hopefully will get this old body shedding unwanted and unhealthy pounds here soon.  I'm already fasting so I'm eager to fill in the needed information and see what changes. 

  Have a great week all of you wonderful readers!

  Dawn
    

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...