Sunday, July 16, 2023

Cora's BETTER!!

 I'm so sorry for not posting here sooner.  Thank you sooo much for praying for my daughter!!

 Cora was 9 weeks pregnant and then started to miscarry.  The problem was that her gall bladder needed to be removed but we didn't know that.  She threw up everything for a week--even just plain water.

 Finally they got to a hospital that had some answers for her.  She needed to have her gall bladder removed as it was full of stones.  This must have backed up into the liver as the liver was screaming for help.  Her liver numbers were close to 100 TIMES what they were supposed to be.

  Once the gall bladder was removed, Cora felt much better but there was still the matter of passing the baby.  I'm not sure why they didn't do a D and C when she was under anesthesia for the gall bladder removal.  Perhaps that would have been too much for an already "In crisis" body?

  

So she came home feeling better but still having not passed the baby.  There were several very anxious days while we watched her temperature and bleeding very closely.  

  Finally she passed the baby 3 days after surgery.  That was a major relief.  

  Yes, I was over in MN watching the children and cooking while she was in the hospital and recovering.  My son, wife, and children were there during the worst part before the surgery.  I'm quite certain that I could not have handled seeing my daughter in such extreme pain so God sent them instead.  Blessed be our God who knows our weaknesses and accomplishes His goals in spite of them.

 I got pretty sick when I was over there, from all of the stress, but have been recovering now at home.  Stress makes MS worse,  It makes EVERYTHING worse.  

  Perhaps now that the worst is behind us, we can enjoy Summer while it's here.  I sure hope so.  

  Lots of love,

  Dawn

PS.  If you're sick today, perhaps this will help just a little to brighten your day.

My Ailing Friend


Get well, get well, my ailing friend,
Whatever it is you've got;
I'm sad and blue, thinking of you,
And missing you a lot!

Rest in your bed, although you're bored;
Be sure to sleep more than eight;
Get healed, get cured; come back to the world,
Where all your fans await!

By Joanna Fuchs


No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...