Monday, August 17, 2026

How does God know?

 The Lord knows the desires of our hearts, doesn't He?  

  Two years ago, when my dog Bailey ran away, (when I was gone for several weeks helping Cora and her family welcome their newest baby) I decided that I couldn't handle having a dog anymore. It's not that I don't love dogs, it's that I couldn't handle LOOSING the dogs I love.  );

  So dogs haven't interested me much these past 2 years.  I'd smile when people talk about their dog, because I know how wonderful it is to be loved by a dog, but I had no desire for one of my own.  Having that close bond, thinking of sitting on the deck with Robert and our dog, was too painful to have loved and lost!!!

  So I was done with dogs.  

  Then my son, Jacob, fell in love and proposed and they're getting married in October.  I didn't think I could be happier BUT as I just said "The Lord knows the desires of our hearts!"

  Sharon needs to be gone for a few days to get her wedding gown fitted.  I offered to watch HER dog, Lyla, so her dog doesn't have to be moved around so much.

  Robert and I have been slowly earning Lyla's trust so I wasn't too nervous to make the offer.  Still, when Lyla showed up on my deck this morning, and the reality of having a dog here for a couple of days sunk in, I've noticed that my feathers kind of are ruffled.  

  I'm telling myself, "She is NOT my dog!"  Still, something tells me that she most likely will become a community dog. LOL

  So there's a dog back in my life.  YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  A friend calls her son's dog her GRAND-DOG.  I suppose that Lyla is my grand-dog now.  

  Everyone meet Lyla!  She's mellow.  She doesn't show the slightest interest in chasing vehicles and YES, I love her already.  I imagine that you'll be hearing more about Lyla in the days ahead.  ;)

  Here's to dogs and God's ways of giving us the desires of our hearts.

  Dawn

  PS.  Do you have a dog?



No comments:

How does God know?

 The Lord knows the desires of our hearts, doesn't He?     Two years ago, when my dog Bailey ran away, (when I was gone for several week...