Friday, April 10, 2009

To sign or not to sign--that is the question

My adopted sis, Ellen, called last night and laid it on the line. This is how it is. Today they're painting the North Dakota BodyTalk Center. I explained that, even if I did go in with them on this new venture, I wouldn't be able to help paint as I get sick from the fumes. She laughed and said that that wasn't why she called. This is the reason.
On Monday, they will be signing the lease and all of the people who will be working out of that office need to be present to sign. Yes, that means with checkbook in hand. Now it really is a good price for the location in Bismarck--right on Washington Street off of the Expressway. This really is an ideal location AND the energies in the building are great. The ND Right to Life office is in the building; a hospice group is located there; a massage therapist and a chiropractor are also in the building. These are all people committed to helping others PLUS several alternative health care practitioners. My friends, (Liz, Ellen, Donna, & Jean) all love the Lord and want to help people to get well as I do.
So what could be wrong with this situation? Well, first of all, I've never left the farm to work in our 28 years of marriage as I am committed to making farming work. I love farming. I love working with animals and helping with haying and being outside generally. I love my milk cow, Clara, who will suffer terribly in Cora's hands, if I make this step. That was a joke as Cora is a cow nut too. Still, I would probably consider selling her if I were to be gone much from here. At this point I'm thinking that I'd only go up to Bismarck (60 miles) 1 day a week but it could grow.
I still have 5 years of home schooling left with Jacob after I graduate Andrew in June. Jacob seems drawn to BodyTalk, though, so this would be a great opportunity for him to rub shoulders with other BodyTalkers and learn how to help run the office.
I'm so torn as Robert is really encouraging me to do this but the children aren't so thrilled at the thought of me being gone on a regular basis--they've never had a mom who did this before.
Still, this morning in the milk barn, I asked them to voice the pros and cons that they see. Guess what? I only heard pros. Maybe they were just trying to be nice as they know how much I love helping people through BodyTalk.
After a long talk with Ellen last night she assured me that all of them feel that the Lord wants me to join the group. She even offered that I can stay with her family if the weather is ever bad when I'm in Bismarck.
I really don't expect any replies to this but it's just sooooooooo good to write out my thoughts. Like Lane says, writing does help one to think better. It's also a relief for me, similar to playing piano, to get things OUT instead of mulling over them inside all day long and giving myself a headache.
Well, if any of you are prayer warriers out there and you feel led to cover me with prayers this weekend, I'd be VERY grateful. I'll need to be in Bismarck on Monday to sign the papers if/when I feel led to pursue becoming an official part of the North Dakota BodyTalk Center.
So the question of the moment in my mind is, "To sign or not to sign."

3 comments:

Cora Beth said...

I, for one, will be praying for you. :)
You mean you would actually sell your Brown Swiss cow? Wow! You know, I could MAYBE be pursuaded to milk her for you...if you asked real pretty!

Anonymous said...

PRETTY PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE CORA!
I appreciate your prayers more than words can say. Also, I appreciate the business advice you shared with me this morning too. I wonder where that video went to of when I couldn't walk without a steady arm beside me in 2006. What a great "Word" picture.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I will be in prayer for you!

Kimberly

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...