Thursday, April 2, 2009

News

Well, the big news around here is that Andrew started his very own blog yesterday. If you knew Andrew, you would know what a miracle this is!! He used to cry when he had to go to his room, after a reading lesson, and summarize his thoughts about it--literally cry. It's so neat what he named his blog too. I won't tell you about it because he did it so much better than I could. I STRONGLY encourage you to go here: http://andrewbornemann.blogspot.com/ and read my son's thoughts if you would like another viewpoint on what is happening around here. It was interesting to read that, from Andrew's perspective, we have "Had a few problems" with calving due to the wet weather. I would call it a few nightmares but it's good to know that he isn't phased by lugging calves over 4 foot snowbanks, as I would be. Anyway, he did all kinds of neat things with his blog so maybe I'll get more creative and spice mine up a bit too. Andrew has always been the leader in technology-mindedness around here. I just watch what he does and sooner or later, I figure it out. :)

The second big news is that Cora is in her room right now designing her blog. She works from morning to night around here, hardly ever thinking of her own needs, so I am soooooo happy for her. She has been holding off because her papa has thought that people who blog think that they're "Pretty special" for thinking that the whole world wants to know their thoughts. He got this impression from his first blog reading which happened to be written by this kind of a person, which is unfortunate. However, I think it's wonderful for people to be able to express themselves in this way. Twice now "Old" friends have said that they have read my blog and were glad to be able to keep up with our family's activities. I'll let you know where to read Cora's blog just as soon as she has it online. She's turned into quite a writer and has been journaling on a floppy disk which she addresses as, "Dear Flopsie." I'm glad that she realizes that other folks may be as interested in reading "Dear Flopsie" as we are. *An update--Cora is online at: http://maidenhouseofgod.blogspot.com/. I love how she started her blog but you'll have to check it out for yourself. :)

The BodyTalk news is that Jacob and I both took my BodyTalk practitioner, Elizabeth Hanson's Access class on Sunday in Bismarck at the Doublewood--a very special place to me. It was wonderful to have him there with me and he had a ball. I swear that he laughed half of the time. Elizabeth is a wonderful teacher and she makes the class VERY fun. I learned things that my brain was too weary to pick up on nearly 2 years ago when I sat in that room almost dead. It's so interesting how a person can get so much more out of something the second time that they see/hear it. I remember when Melanie said that we'd only remember 10% of what we learned in Module 1 & 2 (the 5 day class). I did think, though, that I remembered a LOT more than that from Access seeing as it is a LOT less complex. Anyway, I was very glad that I monitored the Access class and that we got home just as blizzard #12 for the year hit.
Here is a picture of Elizabeth whom God used to help save my life and here is a picture of the class (sorry it's kind of dark). Please note the tall girl in the picture behind me. This is Elizabeth's oldest daughter, Esther, who was autistic/hearing impaired until 6 years ago when her mom became a BodyTalk practitioner and she started getting frequent BodyTalk sessions. Esther has had normal brain function ever since and just got certified to be a practitioner herslef last December. She is the world's youngest Certified BodyTalk practitioner. Just think of it--from autism to the worlds youngest CBP. PRAISE THE LORD FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR THIS GIRL AND FOR THIS FAMILY THROUGH BODYTALK!!! PRAISE THE LORD FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR ME AND MY FAMILY TOO!






Since then it's been a lot of misery with cows dropping calves and walking away with the blinding wind; cows crushing 2 calves in the barn as they pushed to get in out of the storm; and spiking a calf on one of these mothers who lost her calf. This is always fun and, if it is a success, I will write about it and post a picture of the new "Couple."

Right now Robert has my students out working on getting Tonner (our crew cab pickup) ready for Spring's work--that's why I have time to write. I also need to get a summary written about how BT saved my life as I'm going to hand this out on Sunday in Bismarck at the FREE clinic day the ND BodyTalkers are hosting. As soon as I have it written, I'll post it as I have promised to share my BT story and I mean to keep my word.

Everyone in the Bismarck area who reads this, I invite you stop in for our open house any time between 10:00 and 5:00 in the ballroom of the Doublewood--just off of the interstate on State street. The IBA (International BodyTalk Association) has been using these clinic days around the world to let people "Try before you buy." I'm so excited about the synergy building among our group members as we work together to make this an exciting, healing day for all who come.

Hope you can come,

Dawn

1 comment:

Cora Beth said...

Hello Mother B,
Since you brightened my day by commenting on my blog, I thought I'd leave you a comment in return to hopefully accomplish the same purpose. :)
Three really is a special number--God even gave you three chiluns!
I hope your BodyTalk clinic day tomorrow is wonderful for you and everyone there. We'll do our best here at home to babysit your cows and calves...
Love always (and see you real soon,)
Cora
PS. I posted the machinery-dancing video because I like it! :)

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...