Saturday, January 16, 2010

Share a blessing

I have come to enjoy reading the blog of Bethany Knight who found me a few weeks ago. You can find her blog listed on my sidebar. She is a deep thinker and one who is seeking for peace also.

I grew up in chaos. I never knew what peace was. I never knew that peace was a priority. I can remember when I started my recovery work 20 years ago, my massage therapist said to me, "It sounds as though you like to stir up trouble." I was instantly infuriated. ME--STIR UP TROUBLE. She said, "You're like me. You grew up in so much chaos that you're used to it. When things are peaceful, they're "Boring," so you stir up trouble so that you can maintain the status quo." It was hard to admit, but I could see that she was right. Those were the words that sent me on my search for peace. They sent me straight into the office of an incest counselor which was anything BUT peaceful.

When I look at this pattern that I HAD of stirring up trouble, I can see that it led to my near-death experience. ENOUGH OF THAT!!! I want wellness for myself, so I must work for peace
within myself. I want wellness in my family, so I must work for peace within my family. I want wellness within my community, so I must work for peace within my community. I want wellness within my world, so I must work for peace within my world.

Bethany shared this video on her latest post. I share this with you with the hope that you too will come to see that peace IS the goal. May this pattern of blessing others bring you peace as you begin to receive back that which you put out. This is my prayer for ALL OF THE WORLD!!!

PEACE!

Dawn


No comments:

Bailey is HERE!!!

  WE HAVE A DOG!!!  YAY.  Her name is Bailey and she's 3 years old.  She's a Yellow Labrador Retriever and we're in love already...