Tuesday, May 11, 2010

PRAYER IS INCREDIBLE

Years ago, when Andrew was a baby, I was going through a very difficult time. Andrew's neck had been injured at his birth, but we didn't know that this was why he seemed to be in pain all the time, and never slept more than an hour and a half at a time. This means that for 18 months, I never got more than an hour and a half rest at a time.

Sleep deprivation can mess up ANYBODY and 18 months of it had me TOTALLY off! That was when I was invited to attend the World Day of Prayer event at one of the Baptist churches in Bismarck. The speaker was on video and she shared how she had personally done research on prayer for decades.

This woman's church had a team of prayer warriors. Whenever one of them would receive a nudge from God to pray for someone on the prayer list, they would record the exact time that they prayed for them. Later someone would call the person who had been prayed for to see how they were doing. ALWAYS--EVERY TIME--the person started improving within minutes after the prayer had been sent up on their behalf.

Well, I decided to start praying for Andrew in earnest. I begged God constantly for the answer to his problem. The Lord then made it perfectly clear that He wanted me to take Andrew to a local pediatric chiropractor. A friend, who had been praying for Andrew also, told me that she had felt led to share the name of this chiropractor.

To make a long story short, Andrew's neck was terribly out of whack from his birth. The night of his first chiropractic treatment, he slept TEN HOURS! I should say that WE slept 10 hours! Sure, he needed more treatments, but Andrew responded quickly to the adjustments and we got our peaceful home back. PRAYER REALLY WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning, when I received this forward from my childhood friend, I just KNEW that I was to take the time to read it! OH MY--THANK YOU ANNA! I pray that all of you who read this story will take it to heart. EVERY problem that you have is of interest to the God who made you. How powerfully HE longs to reach out and bless you as he blessed me with Dr. Carol almost 20 years ago. PLEASE DO NOT THINK THAT YOUR PROBLEMS ARE OF NO INTEREST TO GOD WHO MADE YOU!

Have you trials and temptations, take it to the Lord in prayer.............

KEEP PRAYING FOR ALL OF THOSE YOU LOVE--AND, IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, COULD YOU PLEASE PRAY FOR ME TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn



Have you ever felt the urge to pray for someone and then just put it on a list and said, 'I'll pray for them later' ? Or has anyone ever called you and said, "I need you to pray for me, I have this need?" and you were so burdened with your own needs that you just let it run off your back like water off a duck?

I urge you to read the following story that was sent to me. May it change the way that you may think about prayer and also the way you pray. You will be blessed by this....

A missionary on furlough told this true story while
Visiting his home church in Michigan ..

'While serving at a small field hospital in Africa ,
Every two weeks I traveled by bicycle
Through the jungle to a nearby city for supplies..
This was a journey of two days and
Required camping overnight at the halfway point.

On one of these journeys, I arrived in the city
Where I planned to collect money from a bank,
Purchase medicine, and supplies, and then begin
My two-day journey back to the field hospital.

Upon arrival in the city, I observed two men fighting,
One of whom had been seriously injured.
I treated him for his injuries and at the same time
Talked to him about the Lord.

I then traveled two days, camping overnight, and
Arrived home without incident....

Two weeks later I repeated my journey.
Upon arriving in the city,
I was approached by the young man I had treated.
He told me that he had known I carried
Money and medicines.
He said, 'Some friends and I followed you in to the jungle,
Knowing you would camp overnight.
We planned to kill you and take your money and drugs.
But just as we were about to move into your camp,
We saw that you were surrounded by 26 armed guards.

At this, I laughed and said that I was
Certainly all alone in that jungle campsite..
The young man pressed the point, however, and said,
'No, sir, I was not the only person to see the guards,
My friends also saw them, and we all counted them.
It was because of those guards that
We were afraid and left you alone.'

At this point in the sermon,
One of the men in the congregation jumped to his feet and
interrupted the missionary and asked if he could tell him the
exact day this happened. The missionary told the congregation
the date, and The man who interrupted told him this story:

'On the night of your incident in Africa ,
It was morning here and I was preparing to go play golf.
I was about to putt when I felt the urge to pray for you..
In fact, the urging of the Lord was so strong,
I called men in this church to meet with me here
In the sanctuary to pray for you.

Would all of those men who met with me on that day stand up?'
The men who had met together to pray that day stood up.
The missionary wasn't concerned with whom they were,
He was too busy counting how many men he saw.

There were 26.

This story is an incredible example of how the Spirit of the Lord
moves in behalf of those who love Him.
If you ever feel such prodding to pray, go along with it,
you don't know what it can mean to that person..

Nothing is ever hurt by prayer except the gates of hell.
I encourage you to forward this to as many people as you know.
If we all take it to heart,
We can turn this world toward God once again.
As the above true story clearly illustrates,
'With God all things are possible'.

More importantly, how God hears and
Answers the prayers of the faithful.

After you read this, please pass it on and
Give God thanks for the beautiful gift of your faith,
For the powerful gift of prayer, and for the many miracles
He works in your own daily life... And then pass it on
Who says God does not move on the earth today?

I asked the Lord to bless you as I prayed for you today.
To guide you and protect you as you go along your way.
His love is always with you, His promises are true,
and when we give Him our cares you know
He will see us through.
So when the road you're traveling on seems difficult at best, Just remember I'm
here praying, and
God will do the rest.

Pass this on to those whom you want God to bless
I Can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is sooooooo good! Communion with God is reality! Truly we live in Christ, don't we? So glad you took the time to share your heart ...
To God your every want in instant prayer display
Pray always pray and never faint....
Pray without ceasing, pray.
I love to do it!
Encouragement to keep on in prayer is always affordable... may God bless you as you pray as the spirit brings you utterance and with your mind too!
Love Ya

Hannah said...

I liked this post alot Mrs. Bornemann. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for including the story too.
Prayer is a wonderful-- we are so blessed that we can pray to our Abba Father!
I also thought I'd let you know that I did think of you a couple times today and prayed for you too :)
~Hannah~

Cora said...

That story gave me chills! Good chills! And it's so true that God gives people orders to PRAY. NOW. Once he gave me one to pray for a lady I'd never even met, but I knew over the internet. After that, I didn't know if I should tell her for fear of creeping her out. Finally, a week later, I emailed her. She wrote me back and told me that the day I'd prayed was the same day she and her fiance called off their wedding.

It doesn't just happen to missionaries. It happens to anyone with a heart open to the Lord.

"What a Friend We Have in Jesus" has always been one of my favorite songs. :)

Blessings and thanks,
The other Cora

Anonymous said...

Dear dear ladies,
Thank you so much for your comments about how prayer has blessed your lives and those whom you have prayed for!
It is so comforting to know that I can talk to God about ALL of my needs and there are none that are too big for Him to handle or too small for Him to care about.
I covet your prayers as there are so many shifting sands in my life right now. I think I'll post about it, though, so that everyone can pray for me who is so inclined.
God bless,
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...