Monday, November 1, 2010

Seriously now

Hi everyone,

As much as I'd like to keep my mind focused on our care-free days spent in San Francisco last month, reality slowly creeps in. Although I'm working on another post full of pictures, I decided to throw this in here just for a dose of reality.

The North Dakota Home School Association puts out an e-newsletter called the Eclectic. Just in case you, like us, don't know what that means I'll share what we learned when Andrew looked up the word this afternoon on his I-pod. He has insisted on the exact meaning of words for as long as I can remember and we, being naturally lazy, let him continue on the tradition while we improve our vocabulary at his expenditure of time. The word, Eclectic, then, means mixing and matching good parts from several different sources of ideas.

In this case, we learned a bit about upcoming home school events; a good resource with which to study our government which is free online; and what parentalrights.org has been up to since I decided to tune out the world. I was delighted in each case.

Please take a moment to watch the trailer to the new movie that this fine organization just put out here at my time expenditure. :) Then join us in getting out the word about the need for an amendment to our constitution to protect parents rights to raise their children in the fashion that they deem best for the child. If you do watch this, you'll see that good old FREE America needs to be protected from those who have their eyes on destroying our country.

Anyway, did you know that Governor Hoven has declared the second week in November as the week of the family? Also, did you know that Parental Rights.org is planning a big event on November 20th to launch their new movie to the world? I didn't know this either until today, so don't feel all alone.

Here's the deal, if we send them $15 they'll send us a copy of the video. All we have to do is agree to watch it on November 20th (with the rest of the country) AND try to get as many others to watch it with us as possible. So, how would you all like to come over to our place to watch the movie on November 20th? UM, maybe I should throw in an RSVP here as we really do have a small living room. :)

Please pray about this and let the Lord lead you as He will.

One other bit of news is that I made Thanksgiving arrangements with my sister-in-law, LV, today. You may recall that my brother/her husband Russell and she were here last Summer for a short visit. Well, LV's mom just died and she's all bummed about no family to spend Thanksgiving with so I invited them here for the day.

LV told me this morning, "Russell was absolutely glowing when he got off of the phone with you last week. He told me, 'Dawn just invited us for Thanksgiving Day. Can you believe that?" WOW--I never dreamed that I mattered to him at all, let alone making his day with my invitation. I guess it just goes to show that one never can tell when one will find an open heart. Let's keep loving then, folks, for there certainly are many lonely hearts out there in the big, busy world.

Here's to love then!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

You inspire me in so many ways. Blessings to you beautiful lady.

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...